☆ Chapter 1 ☽

**Third Person POV**

"When will she wake up?" Chris asked Melissa, nervously. He was worried about her, he couldn't lose her again. Losing both Allison and Artemis was once enough for him, he couldn't do it again. He couldn't face the fact that he hadn't kept his promise to his older sister, Bethany, to keep her daughter safe, heck even alive. She was one of the last Argent's around.

Everyone in the room was on the edge as they waited painstakingly for any sign of Artemis. They all knew that they wouldn't be a pack without her, hell it wasn't a pack without any of them.

Just as Melissa was going to speak, she stilled her movements as she saw Artemis's fingers twitch. She sucked in a breath that caught everyone's attention, she motioned to Artemis. They all looked at her, holding their breath, not daring to move. Suddenly her toes curled underneath the blanket, her hands turning into fists, and her face scrunched. Melissa quickly went around her bed and adjusted it so that she was in a sitting position. Everyone stepped closer to the bed, as Allison went to stand by Artemis's right side.

They watched as her eyes slowly blinked opened, trying to adjust to the lighting. Once her eyes were fully opened she took a look around and observed her surroundings. She had a blank look on her face as she went and looked at everyone. When she met eyes with Allison, Artemis looked relieved.

"Allison..." Artemis whispered, smiling warmheartedly.

Allison took her right hand and held it within hers. "Art, you're finally awake." Allison said, tears brimming her eyes. Allison was happy, the heavy weight of the continuous agony of her cousin potentially dying was gone.

Artemis smiled but then once again took a look around, a sudden look of confusion crossed her face. She looked down and examined herself, she was in a hospital bed, hooked up to a heart monitor, in a room with...people. She avoided looking anyone in the eyes. She tugged on Allison's hand to make her lean forward, Artemis leaned in and whispered in her ear.

"Allison, why am I in the hospital?" Artemis whispered, catching Allison's attention. But then the next words that came out made her freeze her movements. "And who are all of these people and what are they doing in here?"

Allison stood shocked, it had to be a trick that Artemis was playing with her right? She can't, she couldn't forget who these people are, especially her own best friends and uncle. This had to be a joke, Artemis is just trying to lighten up the mood with her humor. It can't be possible.

"Allison?" Artemis asked again, tightening her grip on her hand. Allison looked at her and instantly knew that Artemis was scared, she knew that she wasn't playing around. It was real. This was real.

"Hey sweetheart, how are you doing?" Melissa asked gently, placing her hand on Artemis's leg. She felt Artemis tense under her touch so she took it away.

"W-what happened to me? Why am I in the hospital? Who are you people?" Artemis asked.

"Honey it's me, Melissa. Don't you remember?" Melissa asked, observing Artemis's state. When she saw that she shook her head, the theory running in her mind had grown. "Do you remember any of us, besides Allison?"

Artemis's head scanned every person standing in the room, giving each individual a once over. She tried her best to see if she could even remember a slight name of who these people were, but no luck. She tried scrummaging through her brain for just one name, just one, but none came to mind, for only a slight headache. She gave up and gave a solid head shake, informing that she didn't know anyone.

Melissa nodded. "It's okay. It's going to be okay. I'm just going to get the doctor so we can do some analysis or maybe try another cat scan just to make sure everything is fine. I'll be right back," Melissa headed towards the door. "Try to jog her memory a bit, but not so much that she becomes overwhelmed." With that Melissa left the room I search for the doctor.