☆ Chapter 2☽

**Third Person POV**

"With the results we received and the questions I asked Artemis, along with Melissa, I can say that her psychogenic amnesia is undetermined." The doctor said.

"What do you mean undetermined?" Chris asked the doctor. The doctor cleared his throat.

"We don't know if her amnesia is permanent or temporary. It isn't grave or anything, considering she remembers her name and knows at least one person. Maybe after exposure to certain pictures or environments she will gain her memory back bit by bit. I will need to see her four times a month for check ups." With that a nurse came by and told him that he was needed in another room. He excused himself and left the group to discuss among themselves.

In Artemis's room, Melissa was talking to Artemis. She had approached and introduced herself to her, kindly and lovingly, like a mother would. Melissa asked her basic questions to keep time rolling. Artemis was propped up on the bed, her hands in her lap as she twiddled with her thumbs. Melissa was checking her IV bag and making sure she was okay.

"Mrs. McCall..." Artemis began. She had been calling Mel by her last name, feeling out of place if she called her by her first name. She scrunched up her face in thought. Melissa stopped doing what she was doing. "Why can't I remember anything?" She asked. Melissa sighed and sat down at the foot of the bed, her hands on her knees.

"Well...let's just say that you got into an accident and you were severely hurt." Melissa said, trying to be vague about the supernatural and from what really happened. Artemis let out an 'oh' and looked back at her hands. She then looked up and stared at her.

Artemis stared longly at her, studying her features. Her black curls, kind face, brown caring eyes. Artemis would admit she felt safe around her, she felt as if she could trust her in anything. "Mrs. McCall?" Artemis questioned.

"Yes, sweetheart?" Melissa answered.

"Are you my mother?" Artemis asked sincerely. Melissa looked sad as she scooted closer to Artemis. She gave her a loving smile.

"If only," she said sadly. "You are like the daughter I would have wanted." She honestly said. Artemis's face was sad, it would have been so genuine to her if Mrs. McCall was her mother. She seemed like an awesome mother to have in Artemis's eyes.

She sighed and asked a question that Melissa didn't want to answer. "Then where is my mother? Or my father?"

Melissa took in a breath as she recalled that night that her mother, Bethany, came into the hospital, her life on the line, all for following after her sister in-law. It wasn't good for the Argent's that week, a couple days after Allison's mother passed, Artemis's mother did as well. Mel couldn't get the imagine of poor Artemis crying hysterically and muffling words into her shoulder. She had gripped onto Mel as if her whole life depended on it, as if if she let go, her knees wouldn't keep her up.

Mel grabbed Artemis's hand and gave them a light squeeze. "Honey, your mother...she...she passed away two years ago. I'm sorry"

Artemis didn't know how to feel. She knew she had to have a mother, that she had to be alive in some point in her life. She should be sad since she no longer has a mother, but she doesn't remember her. She remembers bits and pieces of what she looked like but no memories. How does someone feel sorrow for another person, when they don't remember a single interaction with them?

"Oh." Was all Artemis said. "What about my father?"

Now that was a question Melissa didn't know how to properly answer. Bethany never told anyone who Artemis's father was, she had addressed him but never gave a name. "Uh-h...in all honesty I don't know. Your mother never really said who your father was."