Chapter Six

COLOR OF SOPHIA'S CAST

SOPHIA'S POV

I really can not fall for him yet, but I want to and I think I already have, but he doesn't have to know that. I eat my dinner in bed that Carson made for me and let me say he's a great cook. "Who knew you had so many hidden talents," I say with a smile. He just gives me a boyish smile back. We talk about nothing really and I look at the clock and see that it's ten. I yawn, suddenly feeling very tired. "Ready to go to sleep sweetheart?" He asks. I nod my head. "Okay, I'll turn off the light and I'm going to sleep in the room across the hall, if you need anything just yell," He says and then gives me a kiss on the forehead before turning off the light and walking out of the room. Not soon after, I give in to my slumber.

I'm in the car with the girls. We're driving home from the mall without a care in the world. Suddenly, I see the black SUV coming right towards me and in the blink of an eye, I'm upside down. We're screaming and yelling for the guys but I don't think they can hear us. I can see all the girls just like last time but this time there's something different. Mia looks bloodier, Grace's body goes limp, and Ellie is sprawled out int the street looking beaten and battered. I then hear the screech of tires and feel the impact of us being hit again. This time it takes me out of the car and I'm rolled across the street onto oncoming traffic. The car's headlights blinds me and then I'm hit again, this time being sent into complete and utter darkness.

I wake with a start. The tears are streaming down my face. "Carson," I croak. No answer. "Carson," I whisper again. This time I try to get out of bed and tried to walk to Carson's room but I could only get halfway before I fell due to the pain. I let out a little scream and Carson reacts to this. He's next to me in a flash, picking me up and carrying me back to my bed. "What were you thinking?" He asks. "I had a nightmare," I whisper between the sobs. "And I needed you, so I tried calling your name, but you wouldn't answer, so I tried to go and get you," I continue. He just holds me tighter to his chest. "I'm sorry baby, I didn't know," He says. "It's not your fault," I say, finally calming down. He gets up to leave after I'm almost asleep, but I tug on his hand. "Don't leave," I whisper. Not needing to be told twice, he gets under the duvet next to me and gently pulls me to his shirtless chest. I fall asleep easier knowing he's there.

I wake up before he does and I check the clock and see that it's 8 am. I try going back to sleep, but after 30 minutes of going in out of sleep, I get up for real. I lay in bed reading, A Tale of Two Cities, by Charles Dickens.  But, after a while, I get bored and decide to wake Carson up. I trade my finger over his biceps and then move down to his 8 pack. I lightly trace each one, taking my sweet time. I move up to his face and trace his eyes, then his nose, and finally those lips. (A/N: I know that this is a lot like what happened in my previous chapters, but just go with it) I then press my lips to his, and he wakes up at this, slightly moving me so I'm under him and he's on top of me, but not putting any of his weight on me. This time, I ask for entrance and he gives it to me. I push my tongue in and we fight for dominance. He wins, again. No surprise there, I guess. I pull away to take a breath and he rolls off me. "So, are you going to tell me what your nightmare was about?" I look at the floor for a few minutes, before responding, "I was back in the car with the girls but this time it was worse, way worse. I was hit like 3 times and the other girls died." The tears start to fall down my face as I say this, because I start to remember it. Carson pulls me towards him and looks at me in the eyes, and says, "It wasn't real and it won't ever become real. I'm here for you and the girls weren't hurt at all really, only bumps and bruises. You won't have to go through that again," I nod my head, still crying a little. "Want breakfast?" He asks, after a few minutes. At the idea of food, my stomach grumbles. "I'll take that as a yes," He says with a chuckle. "How does scrambled eggs with bacon sound?" He asks. "Yes, please," I say. He goes into his thoughts for a second, and then says, "Stella will be right up with it,"

"What are you doing when you go into your thoughts?" I ask very curious. "I'm mind linking to my pack members," He replies. I look at him confused. He then says, "Mind linking is like talking but my voice is only in their thoughts. They can hear and talk back to me. When I mark you, you and me will have one just for us. No one but me and you can hear or talk to us through that one," Now I understand. Next thing I know, the door swings open and in walks, who I assume, is Stella, the pack cook. "You must be Sophia," She says with a smile on her face. "Are you Stella?" I ask. "You betcha," She says in a cheery voice. "Hello Alpha," She says. "Hi Stella," He answers. "Here you go," She says while putting our food the bed. "Umm, this looks delicious," I say mainly to myself, but I think she heard it. She smiles and leaves the room.

I take a bite and I'm in heaven. I never knew food could be so good. Next thing you know, all my food is gone. Wow! That was amazing. Carson, of course finished way before me, stupid werewolf appetite. "What do you want to do on your first day of bed rest," He asks. "Watch a movie, maybe," I say. "Which one?" He asks. I think for a minute and then I know the perfect movie to watch. "One Direction: This Is Us," I yell. "Oh and the girls can come watch too, right?" He gives me a look of uncertainty. "Please, please," I say knowing he won't refuse me. "But your supposed to be resting," He says, but slowly giving in. "I will, I promise, I just really miss them," I say. "Alright, just give me a sec to tell them," I smile, knowing that I've got my way. He mind links them and within a few minutes they're here. They don't look nearly as bad as me. In fact, they have no bruises or cuts or anything. "How are you guys not hurt?" I ask, very confused. "Werewolf healing," They answer. "Ohh, that makes sense," I reply. Mia brought the movie and Carson knows he's in for a long day. It starts and all our eyes, minus Carson's, are glued to the screen until the very end. Carson is relieved it's over and the girls leave so I can rest. Carson had a desk set up in this room, so he could work while I was in bed and still be close to me. "I'll be right over here at this desk, while you nap, okay." I nod my head. He pulls back the duvet for me and I climb in. He tucks me in and kisses me on the forehead.

I fall asleep, not soon after into a nightmare-less sleep, until I wake up three hours later. Carson was going pack work, so I decided to keep reading my book. I read about three chapters and then I get bored. I think about what I can do to get his attention and only one thins comes to mind. I grab the pillow on his side of the bed and attempt to hit him with it. Key word, attempt, I missed and knocked his desk lamp off of his desk. "Whoops," I say while holding may arms up. He looks at me and then it's as if a light turns on in his head. Next thing I know, he's on the bed next to me. He's got this look in his eyes that I know can't be good. I see his hands twitch and now I know what's coming next. His hands make their way up to my stomach and now I know I'm about to get it. He starts to tickle me, and I start to laugh so hard that it hurts. "C-Carson... Sto..p," I say between the giggles. "I-it hurts," I say still laughing. At this he stops thinking it's my stitches and he looks over me, concern clearly written on his face. "It didn't hurt like that, I just wanted you to stop," I say. He nods his head. I look at the clock and see that it's eight and I'm tired. I lay down to go to sleep with Carson right next to me. Tonight, there are no nightmares, I guess Carson was the key to that problem. As long as he's next to me, I know I'm safe.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N
Another chapter!!!!! I actually think my writing is getting better!!! Please comment what you think about this book so I know if I should continue it or not!!

Also, the second half of This chapter was written on my iPad, so please tell me if there are spelling errors!!!
Xoxo
ForceSoccer141614