Chapter Fourteen

SOPHIA'S POV

I'm back in the car that day, don't ask me how I know, I just know.  But, this time it's different. Instead of being in the car with the girls, I'm with Carson. This cannot be good. We're driving back from the mall and I know what's coming. I'm not completely sure if this is a dream because it feels real. I hear the screech of  tires and next thing I know we're flipped upside down. I look around for Carson and see his body, which mind you, is covered in blood, lying still on the street. "Carson! Carson!" I yell. I'm able to free myself from the car and I run over to Carson. I put my head to his chest and I realize that his heart isn't beating. Thankful for the CPR classes I was put in last year, I started CPR as the tears streamed down my face. I kept thinking that help was coming but it never came. I've been doing CPR for what feels like forever. "Carson! Carson! Carson!" I yell over and over again. I hear someone faintly calling Mia and I look down but  Carson still has not opened his eyes. 

I'm awoken by Carson who's shaking me and calling my name.  The tears are still streaming down my face. At the sight of Carson, I pull his body towards mine and refuse to let him go even if it's just for a second. He slowly moves us so were back under the covers and gets up again. I refuse to let him go and realizing this, he says, "I promise I'll be right back. All I'm doing is changing my clothes. Is that okay?" I nod my head and reluctantly let go. He changes into a pair of black sweatpants in record time and as soon as he's within my reach, I grab on to him again. I'm faintly aware that it's still dark out. "Let's get some sleep and then we cam talk about it in the morning. Okay?" He asks while reaching over to turn off the light. I whimper at the loss of contact and he quickly wraps his arms back around me. Once his arms are back around me, I nod my head to answer his earlier question. 

I wake up to Carson who is staring at me intently. After a few moments, we sits us up in bed and asks again, "Do you want to tell me what your dream was about?" I nod my head but for some reason I can't talk. I open my mouth to speak and nothing comes out. I look at Carson, scared, and I point to my throat, signaling that I can't speak. He understands and finds me a notepad and a pen to write with. I write down every single little thing I can remember about that horrid dream and once I'm finished, I'm in tears again. He pulls me to his chest and eventually is able to calm me down. "I promise you, I'm not going anywhere," He says while staring into my eyes. I write, 'How can you be sure?' 

He thinks for a minute and then says, "I can't be sure, but if, and I mean if, something does happen to me, I swear to God, I'm gonna fight like hell to live for you," I smile at this and he gives me a grin, probably because I'm smiling. Once again, I try to speak but no sound comes out. Noticing this, he says, "We'll go see Dr. Michael after breakfast to see if something is wrong," Again, I nod my head. 

Like he promised, after breakfast, Carson drove us to the pack hospital and asked for Dr. Michael. After a few minutes, he calls us back to an exam room and asks me a series of yes or no questions. "Does your throat hurt?" I shake my head. He asks some more questions and then says, "I think it's her wolf handling a traumatic event. "Did she have a nightmare last night?" Carson nods his head. "Then this is her way of her wolf dealing with that. Especially if it involved you Carson, then it would definitely make sense. Her wolf doesn't know how to handle the loss of her mate, even if it was just in a nightmare," He explains. "Doc, how long will it take for her voice to come back?" Carson asks. "I would guess sometime in the next few days," Carson nods his head and takes my hand. He helps me off the cold metal table and we walk back towards the car. 

We get in and instead of driving towards the house, he drives the opposite direction. He pulls into a drugstore parking lot and tells me he'll be right back before pecking me on the lips. He walks into the store and within seconds is back out with what looks a whiteboard with a marker. "Since you won't be able to talk for a while, I thought you could use this to communicate," He says. I smile at this and he smiles back. 

We drive back to the pack house and I stay silent, no pun intended, the whole way home. Once there, I hoped out and wrote with my purple marker, 'Movie Day?' He nods his head and I jump up and down excitedly. I run upstairs and dive under the covers. He follows slowly behind me, chuckling at my eagerness. He holds up to very different movies, and I think he knows which one I'm going to choose. I point to The Notebook, and again, he chuckles. 

We watch almost every chick flick in the house and eventually I get tired. Carson and I change into comfier clothes and we crawl in bed. I take his arms and wrap them around me. He pulls me closer to him and knowing he's there, I fall into a nice peaceful sleep with no nightmare, whatsoever. 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

A/N

Two chapters in one day!!! Look at me go!!!!

 I know the reasoning behind her loss of voice is kinda weird but just bare with me. I have a reason behind her losing her voice.

QOTC: Teen Wolf or The Vampire Diaries????

xoxo

ForceSoccer141614