Chapter Twelve

SOPHIA'S POV

I woke up in a really comfortable bed. I also realized that, unlike almost all the other times I've woken up here, there weren't any arms were wrapped around me. I slowly sit up and realize that no one's in this room. All of a sudden this rush of voices fill my ears but it makes me feel overwhelmed. I walk down the stairs while covering my ears, the voices getting louder. "Carson," I say. No one answers. I smell something, so I keep walking and find myself in what looks like his office. 

I realize that it's him sitting in the office chair and I run over to him. I jump into his lap and he wraps his arms around me. "Hi baby," He says while pecking me on the lips. "Hi," I mumble. "What's wrong?" He asks. "Too many voices in my head." I say while putting my face in his shirt. "Oh, I totally forgot about the pack mind link. Hang on one sec, it's about to get a little louder for a seconds," All of a sudden there's what sounds like ten voices in my head. I cry out and hold onto Carson even tighter than before. They it all goes silent. My head slowly starts to no hurt anymore.

"What h-happened to a-all the v-voices," I ask. "I got rid of them by using my alpha voice," I was confused but I brushed it off as nothing. I smell something really nice in the air and I can only describe it as amazing. What's that smell? 'That's Mate,' "AAHH," I scream. Carson looks at me and is quickly checking me over to see if anything's wrong. "What's wrong?" He asks in a concerned way. "There's still a voice in my head," I say while burying my face in his shirt. "Ohh, sweetheart, that's just your wolf. Ask her what her name is." He says. "Wait, how do I do that?" I ask. "Just think about asking her, her name. Literally think about asking someone what her name is." I nod my head. What's your name? I think to myself. 'My name is Lydia,' Replies, who I guess, is my wolf. "Her name is Lydia," I say, my head still buried in his chest. 

"How long was I out for?" I ask after a few minutes. "3 days," He says like it's no big deal. "3 days! Why didn't someone wake me up?" I ask. "You needed to rest. A wolf's first shift takes a lot out of them. When I first shifted, I was out for 5 days." He says. "How come I wasn't out for that long?" I ask. "Personally, I thought you would be, but I guess because I was there to help with your shift, you recovered faster," He answers. He goes back to work for another 30 minutes and I start to get tired again. I tug on his shirt to get his attention and yawn. 

He picks up on it and carries me back to our room. "Do you want me to stay?" He asks. I nod my head. He sets me down in the bed and pulls the duvet back. He puts me under and then walks around to his side. He pulls me to his chest and sleep overtakes me. 

LATER THAT DAY 

We both woke up around three and had a late lunch, a really late lunch. While eating, Carson asks me, "Do you want to be made a full pack member?" I nod my head. Of course I would want to be, why wouldn't I. 

"When?" He asks. "As soon as possible," I reply. One voice pops up in my head and it' s not Lydia. I think it's Carson telling the pack to prepare for a dinner that will make me a full pack member. 'Yay,' Lydia says. She's defiantly happy about this maybe even more than I am. 

"Next Sunday night is when you will officially be made a member of this pack," I nod my head. "So want to go for a run?" He asks after a few minutes. "Will it hurt like last time?" I ask unsure if I want to experience that pain again. "It will barely even hurt, in fact not at all," He answers. Because I trust him, I say yes. 

We walk out hand and hand into the clearing in the woods and I go behind a tree. I take off all my clothes and think of my pure white wolf. I feel my bones snap, but it doesn't hurt at all. Next thing I know, I'm back on all fours. I walk out from behind the tree and see Carson's big black wolf. He leads me deeper into the woods. Occasionally, we would stop and play with each other. I would tackle him and he would try to dodge. It was really fun being a werewolf. Eventually, Carson walks back towards our clearing and I go back behind the tree where I left my clothes. 

I think of my human self. I then feel cold and look down and see my two feet. I put my clothes back on and walk over to Carson. "How'd you like your first run?" He asks while holding my hand and walking back to the pack house. "It was really fun, but it marked me tired," I say an dawn at the end of it. 

He notices how tired I really am and picks me up bridal style. I love it when he carries me. It makes me feel both protected and warm, like nothing can hurt either of us, not a car nor some angry rogue that happens to be my father. 

We get back to the pack house and Stella brings us food in bed. She made mac and cheese which is one of my favorites. For once, I finished before Carson. "Whoa, I guess my appetite is changing too," I say. He chuckles at this. By now it was nine and I was getting more and more tired by the second. I moved closer to him and he wrapped his arms around me. Once again, I fell into a nice peaceful sleep. 

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N

I know I said I wouldn't update unless I got 3 votes and 5 comments on the last chapter, but I was bored so here you go!!!!!

QOTC: Do you guys actually read my A/N's????

xoxo

ForceSoccer141614