1

Percy stretched his arms above his head, yawning thoroughly as the morning sun shone down onto his face. His hair fell into his eyes, which meant he probably needed a haircut, and he pushed his fingers through his messy locks.

The warm spot at his side shifted slightly, and Percy rolled over, wrapping his arm around the figure's waist and snuggling his face into the back of her neck.

"Gods! Your nose is cold." Annabeth laughed from beside him, he chuckled, but didn't let go of her and instead breathed in the smell of lemons mixing with sea salt.

"We need to get up." Annabeth smiled, but he still didn't move, tightening his arm around her waist and pulling her closer. She sighed, laughing once before prying his arm off of her, "Percy, it's time to wake up. I have to get to work." She shook her head, but turned around to lay on his arm. Percy smiled triumphantly.

"Can't you take a day off?" He suggested, kissing her forehead. She'd already closed her eyes, handfuls of his shirt in her fists.

"No... There's this big project-"

"That is due in two months, it's going to be shown to the mayor, yadda yadda yadda." Percy teased, "You've been working overtime at that internship for, what, three weeks now? It's summer break! That school isn't going to be open for much longer." Percy reminded her.

At twenty-two, Annabeth had signed on for a year long internship at a local school of architecture and physics and stuff like that. It was called Pratt University, a name Percy had laughed at for around fifteen minutes before Annabeth started hitting him over the head with a pillow, and even though she'd earned her degree in physics at another university, Annabeth had gone over there and interned for one of the teachers. A top notch architect from Sweden who was working there for a short period of time. Percy wasn't sure exactly what Annabeth did, but he was pretty sure it had something to do with checking over blueprints and giving suggestions.

After all, she was Annabeth Chase, the smartest person in New York. Or, at least that's what the papers said. After graduating college a year early, Annabeth had discovered a deadly flaw in one of her mentor's blueprints that was about to be finalized. The tower was going to be for smaller businesses. One of these was a daycare. This was all at twenty years old.

Percy had finished his degree in Marine Science just that month. His graduation was in a few days, actually. Percy had wanted to get a degree in New Rome, but the Marine experts in New York were desperate to get him as a student. Besides, Annabeth agreed that he'd probably get a better education with those scientists rather than those at New Rome.

Percy almost fell back asleep, his eyelids heavy and the warm sheets and Annabeth at his side comforting, but then he felt the coldness on his arm and opened his eyes to realize he was alone. There was some mumbles from the direction of the kitchen, and Percy lazily rolled off of his and Annabeth's bed, stumbling towards the door.

When he got to the kitchen, Percy saw Annabeth sitting on the couch quietly, typing on her computer. He leaned against the back of the couch, putting his chin on her head, watching her fingers fly across the keyboard. Then she snapped the lid shut and turned to grin at him.

"Hey..."She warned. Percy smiled, kissing her nose lightly. It was times like this that he loved. Just hanging around the house, nothing to do, no worries.

"I hope that was a notice that your staying home today." Percy raised his eyebrows, laughing when she rolled her eyes.

"Yes, it was. I figured since I worked Saturday..." She trailed off. She'd turned so she kneeled on the couch in front of him, eyes twinkling as she rested her arms on his neck. Percy beamed, the light traveling up to his eyes and lighting them like a cool pond on a winters morning.