Chapter Three

Hey you all! I hope you like this chapter, I tried to make it as emotional as possible! I'm not good with emotions. :P So I hope this is good!

Please bare with me. These first 5 or so chapters will be short, but then it will begin to get interesting and I'll add lots of details and make it longer! I want this to be a pretty lengthy book, at least up to thirty chapters and actually make sure everything is in a good plot and not just random events happening. So give me time and I'll try my best to make this something you all will like!

Next chapter will have some very interesting things. The events in the next chapter might seem kind of sudden, but TRUST ME, it is supposed to be like this! Cadrian's story doesn't start with her pack! 

Anyway, enjoy!

Vote, Comment, Fan

-Tavita

***

Chapter Three

***

I sat at the porch of our pack house, watching as the others drove away to their respective schools. I leaned my head against my palm, wishing I was one of them. I didn’t go to school anymore. Parker and Holly became my guardians after my parents had been killed and they had taken me out of school. They said and I quote, “education is a waste of time for a retard like you.”

Archer and his Beta, Dan Gallagher had left the night before, leaving Xavier in charge. He was only eighteen, but he had been trained to be Alpha since he was a child. Before he left, he had given me a kiss on the forehead, apologizing repeatedly for leaving me. He knew that whenever he was gone, the torture from the people my age grew to a horrible extent. The adults always just looked at me with disgusted or pity looks, not interrupting the cruel jokes and teasing.

I watched as the cars disappeared between the tall, towering trees and sighed. At least it was just me today. The children were at daycare because none of the mothers trusted me to care for them. The adults were at work. The teenagers were at school. I was here.

It would be a perfect time to go on a run.

Taking cautious steps into the woods after looking around for any other signs of life besides the animals, I began to strip down until I was completely exposed to the crisp morning air. I folded my clothes and placed them on the trunks of a tree. I let my wolf in, slipping half the control over to her. She commanded our bones and I heard them crack and rearrange as they took the shape of an average wolf, my organs changing their shapes and sizes to fit in the new body. I was a small wolf. Werewolves tended to be larger than normal wolves, but I didn’t have that size like the others.

When I dropped onto on all fours, I broke into a run. I wasn’t that fast either, neither did I have the strength, but that could’ve been because I wasn’t trained. There were defenders and offenders in every pack. The offenders were the wolves that were the best fighters and always led the attacks if there was one. The defenders protected the pack and weren’t as good at fighting. I didn’t belong to either because nobody had bothered to train me.

I let the air rush past me as I ran, dodging past the trees. Squirrels and rabbits scattered away from my path and the birds flew higher up to avoid being caught in my clutches. I wasn’t hunting though; I didn’t like killing anything with a heart, literally speaking. It never felt right to me.

I wasn’t sure how long I had been out, but when I was back to the pack house, I spotted Xavier’s car in the driveway. My breath caught in my throat as fear snuck into my system. I watched fearfully as he came out of the house with his best friend and the Beta’s son, Hayden, looking furious. When he spotted me, he stormed over. I cowered, lowering my eyes and whimpered.