Chapter Five

Hey guys! Sorry that this chapter is a little short, I didn't know what else to add. The next chapters are going to be intense. I'm going to make it long, it's going to have lots of pain and depressing things. Just trying to prepare you.

The excitement is going to be starting a little later. As you probably guessed, Hunters have a major role in this story. Also, I finally added names to the packs! Cheesy names, but still names! Xavier's Pack's name is the Midnight Pack. You'll meet the other pack(s) in the next chapters!

Enjoy!

Also, remember to...

Vote

Comment

Fan!

-Tavita

***

Chapter Five

***

I felt hands clawing at my sheets and shaking my shoulders, attempting to wake me up. I groaned my resistance, but when there was a slap across my face, my eyes shot up. I sat up in bed and wearily look at Parker, who's standing by my bed, glaring hatefully down at me.   

"W-what's wrong, Parker?" I asked, softly, my voice thick with fear.

Parker scoffed, probably at the tone of my voice before turning away sharply. "Meeting downstairs," he said gruffly. "Get dressed and hurry up," he snapped before stalking out of my small, cramped room.

I followed after him with my eyes blankly until his back disappeared around the bend. Shaking away my uneasiness, I hopped into the shower in the bathroom across my room, brushed my teeth and hair and then dressed in a pair of old, washed jeans and the nicest shirt I owned, which wasn't that pretty. I sighed as I looked at my limp black hair hanging around my pale face. My milky blue eyes looked so lifeless and dull.

Stifling a quiet sob, I quickly rushed downstairs before I could anger the other pack members for keeping them waiting. I checked the living room first, but it was empty, as well as the front yard. When I went out back, Xavier was standing on the big boulder that had been there by the edge of the forest ever since I could remember. I remembered that Alpha Archer used to stand up there when he called meetings. A sharp pain flicked through my chest. Alpha Archer was gone.

Wipe those tears, bring your shoulders back and march out there. Do not show them you are afraid, my wolf commanded.

I tried to not think of the fact that I was actually frightened to death, but I could never shield thoughts from my wolf. We were a part of each other.

Go.

Before my wolf decided to take control of my actions, I timidly stepped out into the background. All eyes turned to me simultaneously. Most were filled with disgust and hatred. Xavier's were blank. Hayden refused to meet my eyes.

I so longed to see Archer in the crowd of faces. He would've smiled at me. He would've shown me love. He would've treated me like I belonged.

"Cadrian," Xavier said my name coldly and bitterly and nodded. I meekly stepped out farther into the yard. Parker groaned in impatience and grabbed my arm roughly, dragging me farther out. I resisted the urge to cry out.

"Now that the rest of our pack is here," Xavier spat, glaring at me, but I, being his mate, could easily see through all the coldness to the deep, raw pain that lay under the façade. "The Alpha and Beta," Xavier looked away before regaining his composure and facing the crowd, "They're dead." There were audible gasps in the crowd and everyone whispered amongst themselves. Hayden stood rigidly next to Xavier, his eyes unseeing.