Chapter 11

My eyes flickered from my holster to Steve. I watched as he slid his new shield over his shoulder and onto his back. I bit my lip and looked away. I fluttered the slight tears away and caught eyes with Bucky. He gave me a confused look and I shook my head.

I held my breath as the man stalked me. My back pressed up against the wall and he trapped me.

"What you doing here, little lady?" He asked me. I reached up and played with his collar.

"I got bored. Why don't you entertain me?" I asked, giving him the puppy eyes.

"I'll entertain you alright." He leaned forward and pressed his lips to my neck. My head got shoved to the side as he slid his mouth up and down my throat, looking for 'that' spot. I let out a fake moan, and I felt him smirk.

"Do you want to know what's the best part about this is?" I asked him. He smiled and continued to kiss my neck.

"What?" He asked. I reached around him, feeling his back.

"You're the worst guard ever." I slammed the knife into his stomach. He let out gasps as I shoved him away from me.

"You..." His voice died out before he could finish. The door kicked in and I threw the knife in that direction.

"Jesus." Bucky said as he stared at the knife that was lodged in the wood. Where his head should have been. He turned to me. "Are you trying to kill me?"

"Sorry, thought you were another guard." I told him, wiping off my clothes. He walked over to me and looked down at the dead guard.

"So this is where the guard went." He gently grabbed my chin and forced me look away. "Why aren't you a Siren." He said.

"You got to do what you got to do to get the job done." I told him. The door busted open again and Steve stood in front of us. He looked at me then to the guard then back to me. Then to my neck. I quickly made my escape.

"I need to report back to the Coronel."

"The bomb will detonate in five....four.....three......two...." I looked up from my watch as the factory exploded. Black smoke filled the air as some ashes fell over us. The building crumpled and more dusty and ash filled the air. Steve stood up and turned to us.

"Everyone look around. Make sure there's no survivors. Riley, you stay here with Bucky." He ordered me and everyone else followed his order. Bucky laid down on the small hill and placed a gun in front of him.

"So when are you going to tell him?" He asked me.

"Tell him what?" I asked him, confused. He looked into the scope and fired. I looked up and saw a body fall down. Steve turned to us and saluted Bucky. Bucky turned to me.

"That you love him."

I let out a slow breath and watched it come out. I tightened my grip on the bow and arrow in my hands, as we walk through the forest in the freezing winter. Bucky walked next to me, watching both me and Steve. Looking up in the trees, I raised my bow as something moved. I let the arrow go and a body dropped to the ground. Another body followed after and I looked at Steve. He grabbed his shield as it came back to him. He looked over at me as I reloaded my bow.

I swung my bow, hitting the man in the face. I kicked my legs out, knocking another over. A punch was thrown at me but I ducked under it. I let out a scream when a knife went through my back and out my shoulder. A shield knocked down the three men around me and Steve ran over me. He caught me as I fell to the ground. The group surrounded me, Gabe with the med kit.

"You're alright. It's okay." Steve reassured me.

"Just get it out." I hissed at him. He grabbed onto the end of the knife and looked at me.

"I can't. Bucky?" Steve let go of the knife and Bucky grabbed onto it. Steve grabbed onto my hand as Gabe prepared the cloths.

"On the count of three." Bucky told me and I nodded, relaxing my body. "One.....two." I let out a scream as he yanked it out. Gabe immediality pressed the cloths against the wounds.

"That was not on the count of three!" I hissed at Bucky.

"That's not important. We need to get you back." Steve told me.

I turned in the mirror and looked at the glaze covering my shoulder. I reached up and slowly peeled away the tape. I hissed as the tape stuck to my skin but managed to get all the glaze off. Peggy appeared behind me.

"It's healing up well. You'll be able to return to the group soon. Back to Steve." She told me. She reapplied the glaze and zipped up the back of my dress. "You're ready."

We walked into the theater and I sat between Coronel Phillips and Peggy. The film started and Steve's shield first appeared. It was about halfway through the film when it showed the whole team together, without me, planning. Steve pulled out a compass and opened it. The camera moved in on the picture in the compass. It was of me. I stiffened as I felt Peggy and Phillips side glance me, and I smiled softly.