Chapter 24

I left Banner in the lab and made my way back to the bridge. Phil was standing next to Steve, and from what I could hear, Phil was talking about this vintage Captain America trading cards.

"We got a hit. 67% match." My eyes moved over to Sitwell. "Wait, cross match. 79%."

"Location?" Phil asked, turning back into the agent he is.

"Stuttgart, Germany. Comuate Plaza. He's not exactly hiding." Sitwell answered.

"Captain." Steve turned to Fury. "You're up. Donovan."

I glanced at Steve and cocked my head towards the door. He followed after me and I led him to where his new suit was. Once the door closed behind me, I was shoved up against it. Lips were forced against mine. I was shocked at first but it went away. Replaced with something more. Steve pulled back to look me in the eyes.

"I've been waiting 70 years to return that. But it only makes me want more." He panted out. I leaned back in but jumped when banging came from behind the door.

"Captain, are you ready?" An agent asked through the door. Steve didn't move from his spot. He kept me pressed against the wall, hands pressed against the door, blocking me from moving.

"You might want to get ready. They get impatient." I whispered to him. He nodded before dropping his hands. They swung to his side as he continued to stare at me. Banging came from the door again. I jerked it open and glared at the agent standing there. His eyes widened. "Give him a minute."

I sat next to Nat as we both flew the jet together. I reached up and pressed a few buttons, turning to look back at Steve. He was holding onto a strap secured to the ceiling. His new suit was a bit out there but not bad. I turned back and spotted Loki in the crowd of kneeling people.

"Got him." Nat flew low enough so Steve could jump out safely. I reached forward and pressed a button for the gun. I grabbed onto the handle and aimed it at Loki.

"Loki! Drop the weapon and stand down." Nat ordered him. Loki looked up at us and held up his scepter. He shot a blast at us but Nat quickly dodged it. I leaned forward, glancing down at the ground, seeing Loki and Steve fighting. "Guy's all over the place."

"Agent Romanoff, Riley. Did you miss me?" I heard Tony's voice in my ear as I heard a nonfamiliar song play. Then I saw the familiar red metal suit. Nat flew us down and they got on. I took off my headset and let Nat take over. Looking back, Steve and Tony stood next to us.

"I don't remember it being that easy." Steve said to Tony.

"Well, you are pretty spry for an old fellow. What do you take, Pilates?" Tony asked him.

"What?" Steve gave him a confused look then looked at me.

"You missed a couple of things doing time as a Capsicle." Tony mocked him.

"Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in." Steve said as he looked away from me. I unbuckled myself and got up from my seat.

"Well, there's a lot things Fury doesn't tell you." I told Steve. I moved past him and to my bag. I kneeled down to grab a water. A flash of lightening and a clap of thunder filled the jet as I stood up, facing a scared looking Loki. Steve looked at him.

"What's a matter? Scared of a little lightening?" Steve mocked him.

"I'm not overly fond of what follows." Loki answered him. Thumping came from the roof and the jet moves down. Tony opened up the hatch and then Thor appeared in the doorway. He struck Tony away from him with his hammer, grabbed Loki, then jumped out. I quickly jumped back into my seat and helped Nat get control of the jet.

"Now there's that guy." Tony complained. Nat looked over at me.

"Another Asgardian?" She asked me. I nodded and pressed a few buttons over my head.

"Think those guys are friendly?" Steve asked me. I shrugged.

"Doesn't matter. If he frees Loki or kills him, the tesseract's lost." Tony stated to him.

"Stark! We need a plan of attack." Steve told him.

"I have a plan. Attack." Typical Stark. I looked back over at Steve.

"I would sit this one out, Cap." I told him. He tripped open a few buckles and slid on a chute.

"I don't see how I can." He stated. Nat turned to him, this time.

"These guys come from legends. They're basically gods." Nat told him.

"There's only one God, ma'am. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that." I managed to look back as Steve jumped out.

"Was he always like this?" Nat asked me as I turned back.

"Kind of. We need to find Loki." We flew low. "There."

I jumped up and out of my seat as Nat landed the jet. Loki glanced up at me as I grabbed onto his arm. Jerking him up, I shoved him into the jet and into a new seat. I buckled him in then climbed back into my seat, buckling myself back in. We picked up the three boys and flew back to base.