Present, Past, Future

Yusei's heart nearly stopped the moment he heard Skylar's faint call to his name. His body leaped into action, dropping Skylar's beloved cards which scattered all over the ground like broken glass. He caught her under his grasp, the same feeling rushing through him the first time he saw her in pain. Some protective instinct that triggered in an immense volume.

Thats what Yusei thought it was, an episode like last time, but this time she wasn't clutching her shirt over her chest. 'Was this some kind of illness?' He asked himself.

'Take her home.' Yusei heard in the back of his head. The thought pressing as more as a command than an option. Though, he wasn't sure why. Wouldn't the better option be to get her help? He shook his head in slight confusion. The sense seemed to belong to him yet it also didn't.

An aggravated sigh rumbled past his throat as he realized he was wasting time. "Dont worry, Sky, you'll be alright." He spoke softly, arraging her small figure in his arms so her head dropped into his chest and her legs hung over his arm.

But his only response was the tightening of her eye lids, as if she was experiencing a horrible nightmare. Though, completely unknown to the male duelist, his presence was the only thing keeping something much more dangerous at bay from attacking Skylar's subconscious.

Yusei had placed Skylar on the run down couch as he gathered up the cards on the floor, knowing how much they meant to Sky. He neatly patted them down on each side so they aligned together before he rested them in her holster.

Then came the hard part. Yusei was fully aware that he could have left both their runners down in the subway while he took her home. However, He didnt want to risk taking a longer time than he needed. So, he cautiously moved over to his female friends beloved runner where he began to really analyze its aspects. The twin wheels on the front and back, the tread on them looking almost as new as if they were just put on only a couple days ago. The shine all around showed how much Skylar cared for it. Of course, there were a few scratches but who would be able to keep an absolute flawless runner while dappling in the game of turbo dueling. And speaking of that, the top of the runner, in between the handlebars that were a bit more worn from Skylars tight grip, was the matching light green, white and black duel disk that sat patiently ready for a duel.

Yusei leaned the Green Dragon's runner upright between his legs, kicking up its stand. "Alright, lets get you home." He pressed on the handle bars, maneuvering the runner over to the couch where he leaned as far as his body allowed to pull Skylar up along with him. And while it took a lot of effort, Yusei managed to get Skylar's helmet upon her head and was able to lay her on his back, sitting behind him with her arms wrapped loosely around his figure. However he made sure to hold one arm behind himself to hold Skylar as tight as he could.

Unexpectedly, Yusei shivered with the warm feeling of Skylar's even breath waving down his back through his jacket as her head laid on border lines of his shoulder cap and shoulder blade. His teenage self blushed deeply at the feeling, trying to shake it off by twisting the ignition to the runner and taking off through the subway.

The cold night felt even more so at the blasting wind that swirled past the two duelists. The sound of the runner, as Yusei listened, was actually fairly soft. Though when he revved the handlebars, it roared with power. The male mechanic was extremely interested in this runner, its engine hiding its real power 'under the hood' or so to speak. 

Yusei had finally arrived to Skylars garage, he let out a relieved sigh, thanking whatever higher power would listen.

Yusei parked the Green Dragon's runner in her secured garage, pushing down its stand with his leg as he maneuvered to remove the helmet from passed out girl's head and lift her from the vehicle into his arms.