Round 1

"I'm so sorry, Luna..." I whispered with honest consoling to the young, teal haired girl who was now nearly consumed in a thick yellow parka. Her ramrod straight figure stood in horror-stricken embarrassment as her twin brother was slowly ruining her image with his disguise of her.

I was informed of most things I was left out of on our way to the Kiba Dome. Like how Luna was the one who actually got invited to the fortune cup but gave it to her twin brother. But that still made me worry for Luna's sake. After what Goodwin had done to get Yusei to duel in this tournament, sending Luna an invitation as well meant that he had something planned for her and I didn't like that one bit.

Anyway, somehow Leo was still trying to learn Yusei's name even though I'm pretty sure I said it in Leo's presence a couple times during the chaos yesterday. But, I mean, I understand if he really wasn't paying too much attention during the whole 'Black Rose' fiasco.

So here we were now, awaiting in the midst of an empty- aside from our little group- hallway where we, as competitors, would be separated from our friends and shown towards the stage for the grand entrance. I trusted Tanner to take care of them while Yusei and I were going out fighting. As a champ once himself, and no doubt a decent fighter, he was their best line of our groups defense.

"Relax, Luna." Leo patronized his sister with the cringing color and placement of makeup on his face. "Im about to make you a dueling legend!" He then '180'ed his direction so that he faced myself and Yusei. "What do you say then pretty lady and Mr. Anmesia Man? Ready?"

"Yep. But I think the makeup should go." Yusei commented, lowering his tone an octave in a slight exaggeration.

"Not that you shouldn't wear makeup, Leo," I added, patting his head that rested at mid waist. "You be you. But if you want to further your sisters social image, you should've asked for help."

"Okay.....but only if Mr. Amnesia Man tells me his name."

The velocity of Leo going from slightly depressed to excited nearly gave me whiplash. Nevertheless, I blinked away my surprise to smile down at the boy again while positioning my arms akimbo.

"Chill, Kiddo. You're find out in a minute anyways."

Leo appeared to be displeased with this answer for just a second before nodding obediently and whispering something like, 'I bet its something cool...' to himself, causing me to stifle a chuckle.

At the same time, I turned to send a narrowed gaze at Tanner who laid against the side of hallway. He shared a discrete nod of acknowledgment before I angled to the rest of them. "The lot of you stay out of trouble, y'hear?"

They all straightened with nodding heads.

"Good." My feet brought me back to Yusei's side where we then began our exit towards the competitors entry. I sent a final farewell off the side of my shoulder as we distanced from our friends. "We'll see you later!"

Of course, those who were in charge of running this shin-dig had to make it all over the top. The moment Leo, Yusei and I had showed our invitations, they shoved us onto a block that was supposedly going to lift us to the stage where they'll introduce us for our grand reveal.

We weren't set to wait for long. However, the others who either stood on our block or the other -which laid parallel to us- caught my eye. A couple men, I could only assume, made me worry. One whose whole body was piled with golden colored armor that looked made of plastic. The other was covered head-to-toe in a cloak which concealed his face.

There was a man in attire that reminded me of a monk while the last boy of the group had normal wear but a expression that just set me on edge.

On the block over was a big man who reminded me a lot of Tanner with the way he crossed his arms and gave off a vibe of power. Next to him, a burgundy haired girl that gave a weird familiar chill down my back. And finally, a goth girl who seemed like she couldn't care less if she was here or not.