1 | Declaration

Camilla's P.O.V

"Hey, what you thinking 'bout?" Kaylee asked, nudging me with her elbow as she chewed on a salty cracker stick that I learned to be her favorite snack over the past semester and a half.

"Nothing" I shrugged, my hand resting under my chin as I stared out at students devouring their lunch. We had decided to eat lunch outside today, seeing how the weather's been nice since spring came lately to our suburban small town.

Funny how I've been here for just a little while and I'm already used to it like I was born here.

A couple cracks of laughter catch my attention and I turn, catching sight of two guys and a girl who was standing over another guy that was sitting on a bench.

Smirks were plastered onto the two guys' faces as they said something to the sitting guy, the girl's giggles echoing faintly as she laughed at what they said.

To any other person, they would have thought that they were just some friends having a good laugh, even to me, but not until I looked at the sitting guy and saw the look of pure hatred and anger he was casting their way.

Like feeling he was being watched, he suddenly looked at me right in the eyes and I stilled. Neither of us looked away, me being shocked he looked my way and him, I guessed, trying to focus on something else than the disturbing figures.

"Cam!" Kaylee's voice snaps me out of it immediately and I look at her, startled.

"God! It's like you were deaf for a minute. What were you-" the sound of something crashing to the ground cuts her off and we both look for the source. My lips part as I now look at the two smirking guys with the girl wearing a silly grin as they looked at the sitting guy, who seemed to be staring at the headphones that apparently had been thrown to the ground that I guessed was his, and figured that he'd gotten them out now since he didn't have them earlier.

Looking away from the now broken headphones, he looks up at them blankly, before getting up and shoving his hands in his hoodie's pockets as he walked away. Students that have been watching the commotion starting to murmur as soon as he was a few steps away.

"Damn, he's so tolerant. I'd have killed that mutt if those were mine" Kaylee clicked her tongue, nodding towards the discarded headphones on the ground.

"What?" I asked, still confused at what just happened, not used to seeing these kind of things in our school.

"I mean, with someone like Ethan, he has the power to easily send those mutts to the hospital in an instant. The whole school have seen what he looks like under that hoodie too many times to not believe that, even they know it".

Or maybe I was too blind to see them.

Looking away from the bus window, I begin unzipping my backpack that was laid across my lap until I could catch a glimpse of the black headphones