6 | Racing Thoughts

Thinking back to yesterday, Ethan couldn't think of anything about the time he spent with Camilla.

Just thinking about it made question marks pop in his head. He didn't know what was with him, every time she's there, something in him changes, a weight is carried of his shoulders like she's able to make him forget about everything that's been on his mind lately and all of a sudden, his mind blanks.

And what surprised him even more, what made him want to pull his hair out when he thought about, is that after the incident, he stopped intruding with people. He stopped hanging out with his friends, he grew apart from his family, but why now? Why her?

He didn't know.

He just knew one thing, she was different.

She made him feel different. In the beginning, it would feel numb, but then he would see her cute blushes, bright smiles, and twinkling hazel eyes, and he would feel the need to tease her just to see her blush, then he would proceed to ask forgiveness so her bright smiles and twinkling eyes will meet him.

And most importantly,

She didn't make him feel in need.

Unlike the pitiful looks, he received from most people, that even his family, his little sister, gave him.

And he liked that.

Although he couldn't explain how she managed to make him feel all that just from two to three encounters. It's like he didn't know himself anymore.

He liked it to the point it made him want to spend more time with her, to tease her, to teach her sign language. But another part of him said not to. Because he knew that if he kept it that way, something he's mostly not ready for, and she definitely won't accept, might happen.

Ethan parked his pick up truck in the school's parking lot, before grabbing his backpack and climbing out and shutting the door close behind him

Ethan parked his pick up truck in the school's parking lot, before grabbing his backpack and climbing out and shutting the door close behind him. Throwing his bag over his shoulder, he was about to walk to school when a rough pair of hands pushed him harshly against his truck, pinning him to it.

Not surprised the least, Ethan locked gazes with the infamous Ryder Caldwell, his former teammate that couldn't wait to take his place since the Coach assigned him the new captain after Simon, the former captain who was two years older, graduated high school.

And, the one who girls moved on to swoon over after the news of what happened with Ethan spread like wildfire a year ago.

But Ethan couldn't deny him that, he was too happy that the female population had finally moved on from him, it'd started to sicken him to the point he was in utmost relief once it happened.

Unfazed, he looked at the angry looking Ryder with an indifferent expression. He had no idea what he still wanted from him when he had pretty much taken all he wanted.