4 | Like a Bomb

Finals are in four weeks, and I was failing Calculus.

I really don't get how people understand this stuff, and they make it seem like it's substantial and paramount when it's just a bunch of numbers in stupid equations that tortures our poor minds.

And the reason why I'm talking about this ladies and gentlemen, is because our lovely calculus teacher had called me after class for a little 'talk' and guess what,

She's getting me a tutor.

"Can I at least pick my own tutor?" I asked, making Mrs. Jones scowl at me as she thought about it.

"Please, I promise I'll pick someone smart and if you don't approve, then you can choose whoever you want" I pleaded, giving her the puppy eyes that always worked on Dad although I knew it would never do on her.

"Fine. I expect you at my office tomorrow first thing in the morning with your supposed tutor, Miss Adams!" She snapped, and a grin stretched over my face making her glare at me even harder with her piercing dark eyes, before dismissing me while still scowling.

"What took you so long?" Kaylee said as she met me outside class, wearing a curious expression.

"She's making me get a tutor" I declared as we walked to our next class.

"You're failing, aren't you?" Kaylee deadpanned.

"No I'm not. I can handle it by myself, really, I just need someone to go with me tomorrow and pretend they're my tutor, easy peasy" I shrugged nonchalantly before adding as I turned to her, "and speaking of which, why don't you-"

"No. Absolutely not, I don't do Calculus, baby, and she knows it. I swear, that grumpy old woman made me suffer last semester and I couldn't wait to get rid of her, and now that I did, I don't want to see her again" she said, as we took our seats in our shared History class, making me slump in defeat.

"But," she said and I perked up, "I know someone that could actually tutor you and not just pretend, plus, Mrs. Jones loves him, which leaves you to ask him to do it and him to say yes" she smirked.

And I felt my stomach knot at that smirk.

There was definitely something wicked behind that smirk, I just knew it.

"Are you for real?" I said in disbelief.

"What? Don't you like him? And he's good at calculus" Kaylee shrugged, as she pushed the school doors.

Turned out, the one Kaylee was talking about in History class earlier was Ethan Bishop himself. The guy who probably thinks by now that I'm super weird and crazy.

Yeah, that one.

I mean, of course Kaylee will choose him, it was Kaylee we're talking about after all, I should have known she would do it.