5 | Lesson One

I knocked on the door to Mrs. Jones' office and waited for her response, before opening the door and walking inside with Ethan in tail.

Mrs. Jones looked up from her desk just as we stopped in front of it, her brows raising immediately as she spotted us, before she rested her hands under her chin with her elbows on the desk, looking at us with interest like we were a new equation she just found out about.

So much for a calculus teacher.

"So this is, I assume, the one who will be tutoring you, am I right, Miss Adams?"  She asked and I nodded silently while fiddling with the hem of my shirt, waiting anxiously for her approval.

She then cast her eyes to Ethan, watching him, before the corners of her lips lifted up, although it was barely there, it was something I didn't see every day, "very well, Miss Adams. You're dismissed" she said, and I obeyed, nodding my head and heading out with Ethan.

And as the door closed, a smile formed on my lips instantly and I looked back at Ethan and beamed at him, making him raise his eyebrows in amusement as the corners of his lips lifted up in a smile.

"Thank you".

"Have fun!" Kaylee said before she sped down the road leaving me staring at the two-story building in front of me, my hands holding the two cups of hot liquid a little tighter

Sucking in a breath, I started making my way to it and went up the few steps before pushing the door open for the library. A wave of silence hit me as I got in, sending chills running down my body before I cast a smile towards the girl at the front desk and started heading up the stairs since he said in his text that he'll be waiting on the second floor.

We had agreed to meet for a tutoring session and Ethan had said to do it in the library, so here we are.

Chewing on my bottom lip nervously- a habit I have that Kaylee wanted to kill me for- I went to where the tables are and started looking for him, before eventually spotting a guy with his brown hair sticking up in all directions sitting at a table beside the window.

Yup, that's him.

As if on cue, he looked up and met my gaze with his eyes boring into mine and I gulped, before making my way to him.

And if you're asking for the reason I'm nervous in the first place, it's because I don't know how all of this is going to happen, how will he explain things to me if he doesn't talk? I mean, we sure won't write down everything we want to say.

But despite my anxiety, I still wanted to do it, and my mind has been thinking of all the ways we could communicate without stressing out like I could talk normally; he can lipread. But what about him?