28 | Our Own Language

With her temple propped on her closed fist, Kaylee watched as Camilla sat curled up on her living room couch, pretending to watch the reality show that was currently playing on TV, while she was really holding onto her phone a little too tight, probably waiting for a certain someone to text her.

It was as obvious as the sun that she wasn't at ease, and that she's been like that for two days now. Kaylee could tell she was fighting the urge to just up and go to his house, giving him his space and waiting him out. She was being patient with him.

But Kaylee didn't know what, for the life of cute tiny puppies, was Ethan waiting for. That was until she received a text an hour ago.

"Have you applied to any colleges yet?"

"Not yet," Camilla replied, tracing the edge of her phone with her thumb. She had actually wanted to talk about that with Ethan."Have you?" She looked up at Kaylee.

"Actually, I'm waiting for them to reply. You better act on it before all places get taken, I bet you'll land somewhere great with your good grades." Kaylee said, before changing the subject quickly, not wanting to think about where exactly she applied.

"Anyway, enough of boring reality shows and staring at your damn phone, we're going out either you like it or not. Or do I have to call Ryan to come and break your phone again?" She raised an eyebrow at Camilla, and the corners of Camilla's mouth curled up involuntarily in a small smile, appreciating her friend's efforts of cheering her up.

"Okay." She said finally, bracing herself as Kaylee led her into her room to play dress up on her.

Half an hour later, Kaylee had her dressed in a pair of blue jeans and a white strap top with some blue in it, had her hair curled, and her face touched with light makeup before she was dragging her to her car

"Where are we going, anyway?" Camilla asked as she clicked her seatbelt into place.

"First things first, we're getting food, and the rest should come along." Backing up, Kaylee drove to a pizza joint that's at the same street as Sugar Bites, before parking and turning the car off.

Camilla wasn't really hungry, so when Kaylee asked her what she wanted, she told her so.

"Then make yourself useful and go to that nearby park and find me a bench. I'd like some vitamin D while eating, you know, kill two pigeons with one stone or whatever. Oh, and while you're at it, you can wander off to the swings or something, I know you love those."

Camilla chuckled, nodding and half-waving to Kaylee before taking off, Kaylee shooing her away.

Camilla