Chapter 1: The Dream

~~~~~~~~~~~~ LEVY'S POV~~~~~~~~~~~~

A gentle breeze tickled my face as I listened to the sweet sounds of the meadow. The chirping of birds sounded heavenly and the silence was so peaceful. Various colors of green stretched beyond the horizon, flowers in every color of the rainbow speckled the pasture. The sun just barely begun to rise, the dew from the grass sparkled like glitter. I strolled to the middle of the great garden and laid down,  inhaling the wonderful fragrances of grass and flowers.  

This must be the afterlife.

I suddenly heard laughter. I sat up and saw a man with dark blue hair carrying his child on his shoulders. The child was a girl who looked about five years old. She had a lighter blue for hair and a bright orange dress. She looked very much like her father, smiling and laughing without a care in the world. The father had taken the girl off her shoulders and started pick flowers with her. I smiled at the happy pair. A dark feeling washed over me as I watched the two play with each other, my smile completely wiping off my face. 

I turned to look at the forest to my right and saw a pair of piercing red eyes. I saw the creature creep slowly out of the woods, inching toward the the father and child. The creature was silver, and wolf-like in appearance. The fangs of the creature were out and it was quietly snarling. I tried to scream, to shout a warning to both of them, but I had no voice. I clutched my throat as I tried to speak while the creature started to come dangerously close to the pair. I decided to run to them, to try to protect them somehow, but the ground started to swallow me. I screamed and yelled with my non-existent voice. 

Then the creature pounced on the couple. Just before the creature pounced, however, the father turned and pushed the daughter away, fully embracing the wolf-like creature. The father tried to fight off the creature, telling the girl to run. Just before I was completely swallowed by the ground, I watched as the creature dealt the final blow. The creature had gotten hold of the father's neck and held on. The father started twitching, trying to escape its' hold, before he lay silent and motionless. The girl cried loud and heartbreaking sobs, running to me. 

I'm sorry.

I became engulfed in darkness, breathing hard and heavy. I started screaming, having found my voice again. A voice in the darkness spoke.

Levy......Levy

I covered my ears, shutting out all noise, but the voice just seemed to enter my mind.

Please, Levy!

No.....No more.....

WAKE UP!

I shot up from my bed, cold sweat beading on my forehead. I gripped the bed sheets as tears started to rush down from my eyes. I felt a panic attack bubbling within the recesses of my mind. I then felt a hand grab my wrist. I turned to look down at the owner of this hand. He was a green spiky haired boy, about the age of 10. He had gray eyes and was tall and skinny. My brother. He looked almost exactly like my father, except for the green hair and gray eyes. He had a look of worry on his face.

"Hey, I've been trying to wake up up for a couple minutes now. You were twitching and crying out in your sleep. Was it another nightmare?" He questioned.

"Yea, it was but I'm okay now," I answered, breathing in deeply and wiping my eyes.

"Are you sure? We could talk about it if you want,"