Chapter 11: Knowing

~~~~ LEVY'S POV ~~~~

Its been two months since that incident.

I hadn't done anything reckless after that. When the guys asked me why I left so early, I simply said that I had a curfew. When Hiroki asked me how the party went, I told him it was a blast. When he asked me where the bruises from my arms came from, I tell him that I fell. When Lucy asks me why I wince almost anytime I move, I tell her its because I slept wrong.

It's all just a mind numbing walk in a circle. I lie, get bullied and then abused and repeat. Over and over and over and over...

I'm surprised I haven't gone insane yet. Or died...

I honestly wouldn't care if either happened right now. At least I would be away from this hell hole. In a casket or a padded room.

Waking up in the mornings had become painful for me. Every time I wake up it's like something was sitting on my chest the entire night and I could hardly breathe. I would spend 15 minutes every morning just catching my breath and rubbing my chest. I almost always just shrug it off as the start of a cold or something. Just because I know that even if it was something serious, I wouldn't get the proper treatment I need.

The bell rang, shaking me out of my thoughts. I had become much more distant in class, hardly ever raising my hand anymore and trying my hardest to be invisible. I collected my things and pretty much ran out of the classroom. I didn't want to be seen by the Thunder Legion and hurriedly ran to the safest place I could think of, the library.

It was my lunch period right now, but I never really had an appetite these days. I made my way to a desolate corner, stopping here and there to grab some books that looked interesting. Well, more interesting than normal because if I had a choice I would be checking out every single book in this library.

Books had become my escape. Fantasy worlds and legendary heroes, daring escapes and epic battles, it all took me to a world other than this one.

I was reading Animal Farm, a metaphor for Karl Marx's theory of communism in Soviet Russia and how it turned into a dictatorship, when someone snatched the book out of my hands.

"Hey!" I cried. When I looked up, my face flushed considerably. It was Laxus and the rest, all of them smirking as they stood in front of the table.

"Hey what?" Laxus asked innocently and threw the book over his shoulder.  I flinched slightly as the book made a thump sound on the floor.

"What do you want, Laxus?" I cursed my voice for being so shaky. He chuckled before slamming his hands on the table making me jump in my seat. He leaned forward, the smell of cigarettes engulfing me.

"Aren't we brave today, hmm? I'm bored and need something to play with. Good thing we found you, huh?" I gulped and found a small bit of courage writhing up from the pit of my stomache.

"I'm not going anywhere, Laxus." He frowned, all form of amusement gone from his face.

"Yes. You. Are!" Voice rising with every word and the librarian at the desk shushed us. He glared at the lady before stepping back and snapping his fingers. Freed then moved towards me and grabbed my upper arm.

"Let's take this somewhere else, shall we?" Freed whispered and squeezed my arm painfully. I swallowed a yelp and decided that fighting them today was not an option. Freed pulled me away from the table and started to drag me out of the library. Behind me I heard Evergreen giggle and give words of praise to Laxus, telling him how strong and manly he was.

Well, now I know how his ego got so big. 

They led me to a desolate corner in the courtyard. It was hidden by bushes and trees, a perfect spot for teens to do whatever they please without being seen. In my case, getting beat the crap out of. 

Freed threw me into a wall, jostling my bruises from my previous beating. I whimpered softly but they must have heard for they all started to laugh. 

"Are you gonna cry, McGarden? We haven't even started yet!" Laxus exclaimed. Bickslow stepped forward and kicked me in my stomache. Pain shot up from my ribs and I cried out. 

"This is what you get, McGarden." Laxus said, stepping forward as Bickslow stepped back. 

"This" he punctuated every word with a kick "is what you get for try to be brave." I coughed harshly, all wind being knocked out of me and black dots spiraling in my vision. Laxus stopped the kicking and grabbed my neck, pulling me up against the wall. I gasped for air and tried to move his hand, but his grip remained firm. 

"Try going against me again, McGarden," He said lowly. "And this won't be the only punishment you get." 

I was fading, my vision getting blurrier. My half-lidded eyes glanced elsewhere before they settled on Freed. He wasn't looking straight at my face but lower than that. The look on his face looked like he had seen a ghost. A small breeze went by and I felt the chill tickle my stomache. That's when I realized my shirt had rode up.

Ah. So he wasn't looking at me. He was looking at my stomache. My stomache full of bruises. 

My stomach was ugly. Swirls of blue, yellow, green, and purple was made in every direction, some bruises new and some old. My back wasn't any better, the bruises from two months ago replaced with more recent ones. But he couldn't see that. 

"Enough," he mumbled quietly. My eyes would have shot wide open and I made a strange gurgling noise as Laxus's grip slackened slightly. 

"What?" Laxus demanded, his head turned to face Freed. 

"I said enough." Freed declared louder.

"Who the f**k do you think you are?" Laxus all but yelled. Freed cringed slightly but held his ground.

"Think about it, Laxus. Can't have her lose her voice now, can we? Otherwise, she can't yell for the other times we play with her and it won't be as fun," he explained. The explanation seemed weak. I was so confused.

There are times where they've beaten me and I wouldn't yell at all. 

 Laxus paused for a moment to think about it before clicking his tongue and releasing me. I collapsed onto the ground, gasping and coughing to get air back in my lungs. I clutched my stomache and curled into myself.

"Whatever, I'm bored anyway. See you around, McGarden," He said before he spit on me and turned to leave. As they started to leave, a tall dark figure was walking in this direction. Upon closer inspection, I saw that it was Gajeel Redfox. He was wearing his uniform but still had finger less leather gloves and his hair was in a low ponytail. He stopped walking when he reached us, seemingly surprised that we were there. He looked at each of them before his eyes settled on me. 

"What the hell do you want, Redfox?" Laxus ordered. "Here to go tell on us?" he sneered. Gajeel's eyes removed themselves from me to look at Laxus angrily.

"Shut yer trap, Dreyar. I ain't seen nothing so it's not my problem," Gajeel barked, before walking off. Laxus scoffed.

"He's got guts, I'll give him that." He walked towards the school, Evergreen and Bickslow in tow. Freed was the last one to leave. He hesitated before uttering words I never though would come out of his mouth and hurriedly catching up to the others. By the time they were all gone I was still in shock (and in pain).

"I'm sorry," Freed said. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello lovely people! As promised, here are two chapter for you guys! If you haven't noticed I made two chapters so that if anyone can't handle or can't read the previous chapter, they still have something to read. I also got a special something for everyone that hopefully I'll publish tomorrow but we'll see. And sorry to those who thought Levy was going to be fine. Unfortunately she won't be for a while, but it'll happen. Oh and to those who ask where the GaLe is. This is a GaLe fic I swear so it'll happen don't worry but Levy's got her life in the way of that relationship. (I guess you could say this is somewhat of a slowburn idk). It may not seem like it now but its there, I've been leaving hints X3. Anyway, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING> I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!  

Until next time.....