Chapter 8: Party?

~~~~ LEVY'S POV ~~~~

"-vy.....-evy..........LEVY!"

Someone was shouting in my face, and shaking me at the same time. It was dark and there was loud ringing in my ears. I opened my eyes to find an intensely bright light hurting my eyes. I shut my eyes once more before slowly opening them. There were three blurry faces in my field of vision. Once my eyes focused, I realized it was Lucy, Natsu and Coach A. Lucy had her hands on my shoulders in a tight grip.

"Levy! Are you okay?! Can you sit up?" she asked frantically. I was still too dazed to respond so I stayed silent.

"Dragneel, take her to the nurse's office to lie down. I'll fill out the paperwork later," the coach said. Lucy's hand went to my upper back and pushed me up gently so I could sit up. A small hiss escaped my mouth and Lucy's face morphed into one of confusion. Natsu bent down and grabbed my legs with a hand on my back and lifted me. I've always been short so it was a rush to my head when I got to the height of Natsu.

He carried me bridal style out of the gym with Lucy trailing him.

"It's a good thing you're not as big as Lucy otherwise I'd never be able to carry ya," He chuckled. Lucy huffed and slapped the back of his head. "I'm not that heavy!"

"Well you never carried yourself now have ya?" She then began to yell at him, with Natsu laughing at her frustration. Natsu was warm and his chest was comfy, making me want to fall asleep. I smiled at them and then I was hit with a sudden wave of deja-vu.

This was like all those years ago.

~~~~ FLASHBACK ~~~~

"Catch me if you can!" I yelled.

"I'm all fired up now!" We were playing a simple game of tag, although when we were kids it didn't feel that way, did it? It was a game of speed, trying to tag someone and trying not to be tagged yourself. Adrenaline rushing through your veins when you realize the person who's "it" is right behind you. The yells of "YOU'RE IT! YOU'RE IT!". The split second disappointment of when you get tagged then the need to have someone else be it. It was just us, in the park where a giant oak tree stood tall and green. It's not there anymore, it was cut down to make room for a swim house. But when it was still growing, strong and tall, we would play there. We had even put a swing there. Whenever we were bored, that was our main destination.

Yea, it was just us, Natsu, Lucy, Gray, Mirajane and me. Playing like we had no care in the world. On that particular day, when we were playing tag, we had decided that whoever got touched would be out until all of us were out. The one remaining player had to try to get as many people back in the game before the person who was it caught them. I was the last one and had decided to lead Natsu to the tree, climb it and get back down before he even realized.

Climbing up the tree, I saw him running towards me with vigor. I giggled and continued climbing. Once I had reached the top, I realized how far I was from the ground and got slightly dizzy. Natsu was halfway up the tree by the time I recover and barely 5 feet away from me. I panicked and jumped down from the tree, landing on my hands and knees. I heard Natsu's distressed cry and the shout of my name from the others. He quickly descended from the tree and bent down to where I had fallen. I started to cry, my knees and hands stung from the hard slam on the concrete pathway.

"It's just a little scrape, Levy." I was too upset to respond before Gray had given me a hug. I had calmed down to slight whimpers as Natsu decided we should go home. He picked me up bridal-style and we all walked to my house. They were all cracking jokes to cheer me up and it worked. I laughed and laughed. I was happy.