Chapter 9: It's just a harmless game!

~~~~ LEVY'S POV ~~~~

The rest of the week blurred together, a swirl of bullying and bruises. Friday could not come any sooner. But along with the excitement for the get together there was the fear of getting caught.

This is what teenagers do on a regular basis? This feeling is horrible! I thought as I walked home from school, Hiroki at my side.

I went through the plan once more in my head. I would first come home and make dinner. I would go and clean everything and get my homework out of the way, making sure that Hiroki is doing his homework or occupied. I've gotten some clothes from Hiroki and myself, plus some from mom and Joseph, to make it look like we really need to wash. We have no washing machine in the house but there is one a mile down from the house. I usually go there so it wouldn't be that much of a surprise when I announce that I'm going to wash clothes. I'll hide the bag of laundry to make it seem like I left with it and head for the party. I'll have my spare phone with me at all times. I can get home a little late since the laundromat is pretty far and I am carrying a bag of clothes home. In case I get home too late, I'll climb through the living room window and bring out the bag of clothes for show. Joseph can ask as many questions as he wants but as long as the clothes are hidden and I've got an alibi, I'm set.

"..And he went up to the teacher and shoved a crayon up his nose! Hey, are you listening?!"

"Huh?"

"You weren't even listening! I was at the good part too!" Hiroki pouted.

"Sorry," I said while rubbing my forehead. "I just got a lot on my mind today."

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yea, fine. So tell me what he did again?"

We finally made it to the house as Hiroki went on about his day. As I cooked, I wondered if I should eat now or when I'm over there. I never really went to a party, family or otherwise, so I have no idea what you're supposed to do.

"Lev, are you sure you're alright? You've been spacing out a lot today," Hiroki points out.

"Yea...." I trail off. Silence hung over the air like a dark cloud.. Which was also not the only thing that was in the air.

"Levy! You're burning the meat!" Hiroki yelled, pointing to the stove.

"Shit," I mumbled before turning off the heat and trying to salvage the remains of our dinner. As I tried to mix up the meat so that the uncooked parts could cook on the still hot skillet, Hiroki sighed.

"Levy, seriously. You've never burned the food unless you have something on your mind. If you got something, just tell me. You know hate secrets..."

I sighed before turning around and facing him. I knew how much he hated secrets, he didn't talk to me for a month when he found out that Joseph wasn't our real father. It was the most silence I had ever with Hiroki around. Right now, he looked so much more mature for his age and I hated but loved it at the same time.

I'm supposed to be the older one.

"Fine. But you have understand this stays between us and only us. Got it?" I said in a hushed voice. Hiroki nodded before I looked around and leaned in closer.

"I'm going to a party tonight," I whispered in his ear.

Hiroki then smiled and let out a quiet laugh.

"Finally getting out there, aren't we Levy?" he teased. I blushed out of embarrassment.

"H-Hey! I've done plenty of bad things!" I spluttered indignantly. Hiroki raised an eyebrow and his face became a skeptical "like what?" question.