Chap 5 (The waves of the water mean nothing to me)

Michael

unknown: your disgusting, i hope you know that.

and I hope you know that you should go back to 4th grade and learn the correct usage of 'your' and 'you're'. thank you.

People like this had been texting me nonstop for weeks, though I had no clue how they got my number.

It was hard. I was confused why people Luke and I didn't even know were so worked up over it, but even so, the things they said to me hurt like hell.

Luke and I are on 'okay' terms as far as I know. I wouldn't say we're friends necessarily, but I don't think he hates me.

Honestly I just wish people would move on.

-

"Kitten!"

Before I could react properly, Jasey was already jumping on me.

I chuckled at her, "Excited to see me are we?"

"Not we, just her." A voice said from a few yards away.

I looked up to see Luke standing there with hands stuffed in the pockets off his khakis.

"Aw c'mon buzzkill. I know you're just as excited." I smirked lightly.

He rolled his eyes at me, "Just because I accepted your apology does not mean I want to be your friend or acquaintance or anything."

"Technically you already are my acquaintance." I replied snarkily.

Yet again he rolled his eyes, though this time instead of replying with something equally as snarky, he walked to the bench to sit down. Jasey grabbed my hand and led me over to the playground.

-

After spending roughly 10 minutes at the playground Jasey decided she was too tired, walked to the bench where Luke was, and asked me if she could play a game on my phone. Now, she had been playing on it for most of Calum's practice. It was a never- ending awkward silence between Luke and I while we watched Calum and his teammates run back and forth. All I wanted was for practice to end so I would't have to deal with it anymore.

I turned my head to Luke. He was watching the practice intently, but I didn't think I could handle the silence much longer. Before I could stop myself, my mouth started moving and words poured out.

"Have you ever played?"

He turned back to me, his face had an almost shocked expression on it.

"Uh, yea. Not for very long though. Why?"

"You just always seem super into it I don't know. Why didn't you play for long?"

He didn't bother replying, just looked down and shrugged his shoulders before returning his attention back to the practice.

-

"Calum, how do you block phone numbers?"

"You just click on the thing in the right corner and then click on this other thing... and... uhg just lemme finish my shower and I'll help you."

A few minutes passed before a shiny wet Calum, clad in only a polka dot towel walked into the living room. He huffed as he sat next to me and grabbed my phone right out of my hand.

"Hey! You could've asked nicely."

"And you could've not interrupted my nice ass shower." He retorted.

I didn't respond, instead let him figure the blocking thing out. He was about to press on an icon when he froze.

"Mike."

"Yessir?"

"Who is this person that you're trying to block?"

"I don't know. Just some random person. It's no big deal."

"No big deal? The things they're calling you? It's mean as hell and so not true. How many of these have you been getting?"

"Not too much. Just maybe 4-5 per week from different people, but like I said, it's no big de-"

"Michael! Is all this shit only because of the kiss cam thingy? God people are so ignorant."

"Calum." He looked at me, face red from yelling.

"Michael, I just..." He trailed off and looked down. His hand grabbed mine tightly and he looked up.

"Please don't believe what they're saying. None of it is true. You're fuckin' awesome!" He smiled at me.

I smiled back and leaned on his shoulder as he blocked every person and deleted every message.

-

Retweet if u cry bc Calum is such a bomb best friend jfc

Short update (as usual) sorry I'm so awful at updating. It's summer now so hopefully that means more :D

Thoughts on the mean messages that Michael is getting?

Michael trying to make conversation w/ Luke?

Calum telling Michael that the things people are saying aren't true?

Thoughts overall?

I LAVA YOU

-Em