Chap 8 (There's poison in this water, the words are falling out)

A/N: The lyrics for this chapter are from the song Honey Whiskey by Nothing But Thieves and I definitely recommend listening to it while you read this :)

Michael

As the days faded into weeks and the weeks faded into months, I lost hope of Luke and I ever being friends, or anything more.

I stopped going to Calum's practices and games. Mostly, the only kind of social interaction I had, was a work.

Calum kept me company a lot, but him and Ashton had started seeing each other more often and I was left alone in my thoughts.

What Luke said to me the last time I saw him, had left a gash in my happiness, larger than anything I'd ever felt before.

All I could think about was how much of a fuck up I was, and how Luke was probably off with some girl being happy.

And then all I could think was I'm glad he's happy.

-

"Please."
"No."
"You've been in bed for 2 days. Have you even eaten anything?"
"There's a bag of chips on my floor."
"EW THERE'S MOLD MICHAEL GET OUT OF THE FUCKING BED!"

I stuck my head out from under the covers to see Calum holding an old bag of chips as far away from himself as he could.

"I'm going to throw these away and when I get back I expect to see you out of bed and dressed in something other than boxers." Calum said firmly and stomped out of my room.

I sighed.

The last thing I wanted to do was get out of bed, but I knew Calum was worried and I was not about to let him waste his time trying to help me.

I got up slower than I probably should have for a healthy 21 year old and threw on some dirty jeans and tennis shoes right as Calum walked back in. He stopped dead in his tracks for a few seconds before he ran at me and pulled me into a tight hug.

"I'm sorry if I'm pressuring you too much but I've been so worried about you lately and I just wanted to spend time with you." He whispered into my neck.

Again I sighed and pulled back to look him in the eyes. "I'm okay Calum, I promise. But thank you for caring so much."

-

The café was relatively empty and we found a table next to the window with a view of the whole place. Calum came back from the counter with a Cappuccino in one hand and a hot chocolate in the other (you can probably guess which is for which).

After a few minutes of talking with Calum, I got up to request a song from the woman working the cash register. Once I got back to my seat the bell above the door rang.

Calum and I continued our chatter above nothing and literally everything, and not once did I notice the blonde boy at the counter.

Not when he stared right at me.
Not when his face went beet red and his hands wrung together.
Not even when he almost came over to talk to me.
And especially not when he decided against it and ran out the door.

All I noticed was the ringing of the door as it opened and closed.

-

I stood in the mirror adjusting my hair and my shirt and everything else on my body.

I was going to Calum's soccer game today and I was determined to have fun.

"Michael I'm going!" Calum yelled from his room. He had to leave 10 minutes before me so he could warm up.

"Okay, see you there! Don't suck ass!" I yelled back and heard a chuckle as the front door closed.

I was nervous but at the same time I knew I needed to support my best friend, especially with how much support he'd been giving me.

-

Walking up to my seat was a major challenge due to all the laying around I had been doing, but I finally made it to my seat.

Just two rows infront of me and to the right I saw the blonde head of hair I hadn't seen in almost 3 months.

When the game finally started my mind couldn't concentrate, it was only focused on Luke. I started getting light headed, thinking of how he thought I was annoying and awful and how I knew he was right.

I stumbled up from my seat and ran to the bathroom. Grabbing a paper towel, I stuck it under the cold water and put it on my face, trying to calm myself down.

During this process I heard the door open but I payed no attention until I realized whoever it was, was standing there watching me. I turned to face them and locked eyes with him.

"Michael."
"Luke."

I turned around, going to throw my paper towel away and leave but he stopped me.

"I'm sorry."

I laughed at that, "Yea okay."

The look in his face turned into a pleading one, "Please, Michael hear me out."

"Fine."

He looked down, "I don't know why I said what I said last time. I honestly didn't mean it. Just sometimes I over react and say shit that doesn't even make sense, okay?"

I scoffed, "Seriously? Luke... you made me hate myself! I blamed myself for everything! It was my fault for you seeing me masturbate, it was my fault for kissing and embarrassing you infront of thousands of people, it's my fault for being annoying and weird and gross!"

He was silent.

"I- I'm really sorry."

"You know what Luke?" I yelled, "I don't accept your apology and I don't want you to talk to me again!"

"No! Please Michael!"

"Shutup!"

"Please!"

"Shut the fuck u-"

Luke grabbed my head and pulled my lips to his.

I was stunned for a second, but when I realized that he wasn't letting go, I started kissing him back.

We slammed against the wall of the the bathroom, my arms wrapped around his waist as we continued kissing in the most heated make out session I'd ever had.

Without warning he moved his lips to my neck, sucking and biting whatever skin he could find.

Boom

We jumped back as the door opened and a middle aged man walked in.

Luckily he either didn't see us or it just didn't faze him that there were two guys standing feet apart, both with red faces and messy hair.

We stood awkwardly as the man peed, washed his hands, and left.

When the door closed I finally looked at him, only to find he was already looking at me.

"Come over tonight at 6. I'll text you the address." He stated, and then left the bathroom too.

Leaving me standing there dumbfounded, wondering what the hell had just happened.

-
WOOP WOOP
UPDATE AS PROMISED
I might update again tomorrow because I really want to but if I don't I will definitely next Saturday!

Thoughts on this chapter? ;)

I LAVA YOU
-Em