Chapter 6: An Alchemist's Anguish Part 2

I waited outside of surgery as I clenched Eds hand holding back tears as I listened to Gilberts painful screams. he's never gotten used to getting automail, no matter how many times he's been through this surgery. "I'm glad your both okay" I whispered catching Eds attention 

"I take back what I said earlier... you're a good man Edward Elric... your mother would've been so proud of who you are" Ed clenched my hand tighter "your parents would be to" he whispered, I looked up at him "but-" 

"neither of our parents would be proud of what we did" he added "but we fight for the ones we love, that's plenty to be proud of"

uncle mustang walks up as Al and Ally follow behind him, ed and I stand up still clenching eachothers hands. "good job fullmetal -and you too Al- for protecting my nieces" 

"Scar got away" Ed added "were your men able to track him?"  

Mustang huffs "we tracked him for awhile but, we lost his sent about ten meters away from a sewer tunnel... we think he might've escaped that way"  

"he could be anywhere by now" I added. 

"exactly" mustang agrees "we'll just have to wait for another opportunity. so, until then I think thiers someone all of you should meet..."

(later that day) 

we all set quietly in the car sharing an animus silence as we road to the man's house. It took everything in me to leave Gilbert. I knew what I had to do as soon as mustang told us who we were to meet... 

"so, who is this alchemist anyways?" Ed asked trying to lighten the mood. 

Ally looked up smiling slightly "he's a good friend of our momma, Shou Tucker is a State Alchemist specializing in creation of chimeric alchemy who had earned his certification two years ago after producing a chimera capable of human speech"  

this caught Eds attention "then this guy might be able to help us get our original bodies back?"  

Ally nodded "and besides, Ella and I haven't seen Nina and Alexander in a long time" 

"I hate that guy" I muttered catching everyone attention "that chimera only said one thing... I want to die" the car came to a stop and I shot out leaving everyone quiet in the car.  

I went into the trunk, grabbed mine and Allys bag popping it open pulling out my present from Ally. 

red fabric. 

I placed the fabric on the sidewalk feeling everyone staring at me. I clapped my hands then pressed them to the fabric transmutting the one thing I've always wanted... 

"you gotta be kidding me!" Ed yelled as I threw on my red coat "it looks exactly like mine!" I laughed as I stood in a basically identical outfit except that I wore a black skirt. and just to piss him off I parted my bangs, and braided my long hair that reached all the way down my back. "you look really pretty ella!" Al chimed. Eds face turned red, bright red... 

was he blushing?  

Allys eyes snapped to something behind me. before I could turn I ducked down just as a flash of white shot over me and landed right on Ed. 

Ally and I were balling in laughter as Alexander licked Eds face repeatedly welcoming him "hey buddy!" I chimed as Alexander noticed me and rushed to greet me with kisses.

"Ella, Ally!" a little girls voice chimed from the front door of the huge house. there in the doorway stood Tucker and Nina who was dashing down the walk way towards us. I extended my arms allowing Nina to run to them throwing her in a huge bear hug. I held her in my arms smiling "how's it going kiddo?" I said in my cheerie voice.