Chapter 4: "they learn our secret"

(sorry I haven't updated in awhile! im back and ready to tell you guys a BIG secret that the twins have been keeping for ed and al!)

We sat around the dinner table with Hughes almost feeling as if everythings gone back to normal (except the Eric brothers being here) "so, how was your day today girls?" Hughes asked trying to lighten the mood. Ally didn't say anything as she popped back her pills she takes everyday. Ed eyed her... not good.

don't ask Ed please don't-

"what's with the pills?" Ed asked eyeing them. Ally didn't look at him, she jumped from her seat running into the other room.

"they... were red" Alphonse muttered as ed looked at him getting it. I grabbed them both dragging them out the front door onto the sidewalk "now, before you start assuming-"

"your sister is a Homunculus!" Ed said loud enough for all of central to hear "and of course you dont listen..." I muttered "We didn't want to tell yall the truth about what happened because we thought that you would be..."

"Disappointed" We all met eyes with Alley as she stood in the doorway of the building "come back inside, Elica's in bed now so we can talk" she stood holding the door open allowing us to go inside. 

As we all sat down I could feel the guilt radiating off Alley as she sat the head of the table "Ella, take off your scarf" I looked at her bug eyed "Alley..."

"it'll be best if we show them together" She pulled her shirt sleeve up showing the symbol on her hand as I slipped off my scarf turning to show the same symbol on the back of my neck "The government has been using philosopher stones to create soldiers that cannot be killed, our mother and father disapproved of this. So, they took us away from the secret lab"

"The furor looked the other way because of mom's connections with Uncle Mustang" I added "After that, we were raised alongside our brother as normal children"

"but wouldn't your limbs have grown back if your able to regenerate?" Al asked as Ed stayed quiet, not saying anything... just listening.

I placed my scarf back around my neck "we thought so, that's what we've been trying to figure out"

Alley looked down at the ground, please Alley don't- "That Alchemist that killed our parents didn't kill Kyle..." she looked up at Al, eyes flooded with tears "we did... trying to bring our parents back"