8. Back together

Bri's P.O.V

Me and Gabi were doing the water aerobics class, I still haven't told her me and Ryan broke up but I think I'm going to.

"Ok, bring those knees up as high as you can!" Gabi yelled. "And circle those arms."

"Hey, water bug." Troy told her

They turned around and started talking "last night was so fun. I really didn't mean to get you in trouble."

"Same here." She told him

"So, uh, I was thinking we could have our-" he started but got cut off by loud tapping.

We all turned around to see Sharpay holding a sign telling Troy to go see Fulton and tapping on the window.

"Uh, what time is your lunch break?" He asked Gabi

"1:30." Gabi replied

"1:30, great. Free cheeseburgers on me. Everybody looks great. Awesome job." He then walked away then Taylor walked over.

"Okay now, some jumping jacks!" I yelled out to the people in the water. We all started doing it even Taylor and the kids she was with.

"Hey," Taylor got out attention "what's she up to?"

"Who knows." Gabi said

"Believe me, she does." I told them "anyway, I wanna tell you all something."

Gabi and Taylor turned to me still doing jumping jacks.

"I broke up with Ryan." I sighed

"Is that why you were crying in your room last night?" Gabi asked me

I nodded "I know he can't blame his sister, but does he have to go running every time she calls?"

🏀

"Hey, Gab and Bri." Chad said as me and Gabi stopped to look at Troy and Sharpay.

"Hey!" Gabi greeted

"Hi." I whispered

"That girls got more moves than an octopus in a wrestling match." Taylor told us

"Nah, he knows how to swim." Chad told her

"Yeah, Troy can handle himself." Gabi said

"I did overhear him asking her for her opinion on his new Italian golf shoes." Taylor said

"He didn't ask me." Gabi sighed

"So, wake up sister! She's basically offering him a college education, just to sing with her in the talent show." Taylor told us

"Troy would never do that." Chad said

"You got eyes, use them." Taylor told us

"Let's go eat." I sighed out

"Is she okay?" I heard Chad whisper

"She broke up with Ryan." I heard Taylor whisper back to him

🏀

Taylor, Gabi and I were sitting in the room where we eat lunch. Me and Gabi wasn't eating and Taylor barely was. I seen Chad come in and hand Zeke back a plate.

"Zeke," Chad called

"Yo,"

"Troy, wants Swiss on his burger."

"Coming right up."

I looked at Gabi and signed, Taylor gave me a small smile and I gave her a weak one back.

"Hey, you were right. There's a guy out there that looks just like Troy Bolton, but I have no idea who he really is." Chad said when he came over here. He sat down and took a little bit of Taylor's food then half of her sandwich seeing that none of us were eating.

Ryan's P.O.V

"Oh, hey. Kelsi's got some great new ideas to spice up the talent show." I told Sharpay with fake happiness.

Sharpay faked a laughed "I'm thrilled." I rolled my eyes and looked at what she was doing. "Uh, that new duet that Troy and Gabriella sang? I need it."

"Actually it's not available." Kelsi told her

"Repeat." Sharpay told her

"Well, it's something that I wrote for Troy and Gabriella. Just in case they decide to--" Sharpay cut her off

"You're an employee, not a fairy Godmother. Let's have it." She then room it right out of Kelsi's hands "transpose it into my key. Troy and I will be doing it in the talent show." She started walking out while I looked at her eyes wide. "Oh, and brighten up the tempo. We'll need to keep people awake."

"What about our song? What about Humu Humu?" I asked her

"Change in plans." Sharpay told me

"What am I suppose to do with my tiki warrior outfit?" I asked her. What am I suppose to do when I lost Bri all because of this?

"Save it for Halloween, go to a luau, sell it online! I don't know! But in the meantime, keep an eye on those wildcats. If they're planning on being in the show--which I doubt once they hear about Troy an me. I don't want any surprises. Oh, and don't worry. I'll find a song for you somewhere in the show or the next show."

This is what I chose over Bri?

"Really?" I asked her, she nodded "don't strain yourself, slick."

I need to find Bri.

Bri's P.O.V

"Brianna Montez!" I heard someone call my name. I turned around to see Ryan. I can't do this now.

"Hey!" I whispered to him when he got in front of me.

"I'm sorry, for everything." He stated

I looked up at him confused on why he's apologizing now.

"You were right," he told me "everything about Sharpay and the show. She wanted you and Gabriella out of the picture."

I nodded "glad we cleared that up." I told him then started walking away but he grabbed my wrist gently.

"No, we need to makeup." He told me "I miss you! And I'll do anything for you, you know that."

"Look, Ryan, I know that and I miss you too. But- we-I can't just-" I couldn't find the right words to say to him. "I need to find Gabriella."

I started walking away but he stopped me again and turned me so I was facing him.

"Bri, I need you. I love you and I'm not letting you walk away." He told me

"You don't understand wh-" I was cut off by him kissing me.

I missed this feeling so much. I smiled a genuine smile through the kiss and wrapped my arms around his neck while his arms went around my waist. I pulled away from him with a smile on my face.

"Take me back?"'he asked

I nodded and kissed him again. I then pulled away.

"I need to find Gabriella." I told him "I'll see ya later."

🏀❤️🏀❤️🏀❤️🏀❤️🏀❤️🏀❤️🏀❤️🏀❤️🏀❤️🏀❤️🏀❤️🏀❤️🏀❤️🏀❤️🏀❤️🏀❤️

They're back together! I hope everyone likes this chapter! Next chapter is the 'I don't dance' scene!