6. Sick

Bri's P.O.V

I feel terrible! I have a stuffy nose, a headache, a deep cough, I think I have a tiny fever. It's not bad though, hot and cold flashes come with it though.

"Bri, maybe you shouldn't go in today." Gabi told me, coming into my room as I curled my last strand of hair.

"Gabi, I'm fine. I'll go." I told her, my voice kind of sounds weird where I've been coughing.

"Bri, you don't need to be in the water." Gabi told me. I rolled my eyes as I slipped on my flip-flops.

"I'm going. End of story!" I exclaimed then walked out to mom's van.

Gabi didn't argue back this time only hopped in the front passenger seat. I buckled up in the back and leaned back in my seat.

"Are you feeling better?" My mom asked me as she pulled out of the driveway.

"Yeah, a little." I told her

Honestly, I wasn't feeling all that good. But I didn't want to miss the job and make Fulton angry...that guy already scared me.

"Maybe you should stay home today." My mom told me, "I'm sure they'll understand."

I sighed with another eye roll, "don't even try Mom, I already have." Gabi sighed out.

As soon as we pulled up to the Lava Springs drop off area Gabi and my mom turned around and faced me.

"Are you sure you don't wanna go home?" My mom asked, concern shown all over he face.

"Yeah Bri, you barely wear your glasses...so you're obviously sick." Gabi explained, "plus, we'll be in nothing but swim suits and shorts."

I shrugged not responding and got out of the vehicle. I heard my mom and Gabi sigh then Gabi got out. We walked into the kitchen to check in then got changed. As soon as we walked into the lobby I bumped into Ryan.

"That's a new look for you." Ryan told me, before I could respond Gabi spoke up.

"Yeah, well she's sick." Gabi told Ryan.

I shot her a glare while Ryan's face became concerned. I looked up at him to see he was already looking at me.

"If you're sick, why'd you come here? You need rest." He told me,

"I tried to tell her, she wouldn't take 'no' for an answer." Gabi told him.

"Babe, I'm fine." I said finally speaking up, he pulled me into a hug with a sigh following after.

"I'm going to take care of you for today." He told me, Gabi walked away with a smile on her face.

"What about my job?" I asked him as he lead me down a hallway I've never been in before.

"I'll talk to Fulton, everything will be fine." He told me as we walked into a room that has couches in here.

"This is where my family and I take breaks when we're here." He told me as he sat me down on the bed.

"I shouldn't be in here, Sharpay already doesn't like me...this will make it worse." I told him.

"Lay down and relax." He said, "I'm going to go talk to Fulton then I'll be back."

He then left the room, I decided to actually take his advice and lay down on the couch. Why did I have to get sick? Especially over the summer. This is suppose to be the time for making memories but today I'm stuck on the couch. Since Ryan won't let me leave.

After about ten or fifteen minutes Ryan came back in here except with stuff in his hands. I gulped loudly when I seen medicine in one hand and water in the other.

Great. He's going to make me take it, even if I disagree or say 'No' why does he have to be a good boyfriend at this moment?

"I'm not taking that." I said pointing to the medicine..which was most likely cough syrup.

"Yes, you are because I love you and you need to get better." He told me, then handed me the syrup then the water.

"No, Ryan please don't make me." I begged sitting up from the couch.

"Yes you must take it, it'll help with the cough, the fever, the stuffy nose and and it'll take the headache pressure out of your head." He told me sitting down beside my torso, since I was laying on the couch.

"Only because I love you." I told him and took the nasty medicine. Why couldn't he have gotten pills instead of liquid? I literally hate the taste of liquid medicine.

"What do you wanna do?" He asked,

Really? Not like there is much to do with me being sick.

"I want you to cuddle with me." I told him. He laughed and I stood up to let him lay down on the couch on his back. I laid down on top of him but I was on my stomach.

"You're actually not that fevered." Ryan told me,

"I know." I responded

I slowly started drifting off, before I fell into a deep sleep I felt Ryan's hand go around me.

🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀

A/N:

Another filler chapter! Sorry! I've been writing some chapters that go like the movie but I decided to post this one first.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter about Bri being sick!