18. The Arrival

Amber continued to look out the window, waiting for the witch Bonnie Bennett to arrive. Klaus made a call late last night saying it was urgent for her to come down to New Orleans. The Bennett witch then said she'd be there by mid-afternoon. It was currently 2:00 and there was no sign of Bonnie yet.

"Where the hell is she?" Amber mumbled as she continued to look.

Klaus came into the room and snuck up behind Amber. He placed his hands on her waist and she jumped in surprise.

"Don't scare me like that!" She scolded turning around to face him.

Klaus smiled, "Sorry love."

Amber shook her head and leaned forward to place her lips on Klaus'. The hybrid placed her against the desk and kissed her more deeply. A car horn sounded outside and the two broke apart.

"Of course she decides to show up now," Amber grumbles getting out of Klaus' grip.

"Let's go introduce you to Bonnie," Klaus said grabbing her hand and leading her down stairs.

Once they were outside Elijah was already there. The driver's seat opened to reveal a brunette haired girl.

"You must be Amber," She grinned walking up to the strawberry blonde. "I'm Bonnie."

"Amber Rose, although you already knew that," Amber shook her hand.

"So I guess I should start–" Amber was cut off by another door, actually two car doors opening up.

A raven haired man and a blonde haired woman came out of the car.

"Please tell me not to go on a road trip with Barbie over here ever again," The guy said looking at the blonde.

"Oh shut up. Bonnie wanted me to come so she wouldn't have to deal with your annoying ass."

Bonnie chuckled and looked at Amber, "That's Damon and Caroline. I brought them along incase they could be useful in this."

Everyone then looked at Caroline, who was looking at Klaus. Amber stood up more straighter and cocked her head to the side. She knew something was up between the two.

"Caroline," Klaus mumbled looking at the blonde.

"Uh...hi Klaus," Caroline said awkwardly.

Elijah nudged Klaus, him noticing Amber's face. Klaus tore his gaze away from Caroline and looked at Damon.

"Where's Stefan?" He asked changing the subject.

"Well someone needs to still protect Matt. Still a human surprisingly," Damon answered. "And who's this red head?"

"Strawberry blonde," Klaus corrected him. "And this is Amber Rose."

Amber smiled at Damon, him returning it. Damon walked up to her, grabbing Amber's hand and kissing it. Klaus took the raven haired vampire's hand and twisted it.

"Do not lay your hands on her," Klaus said.

Damon groaned in pain, "Message received."

"Guys!" Bonnie yelled out. "We're here to help Amber okay?"

"You all can follow me to the place you'll be staying," Elijah ushered all of them into the house.

As Caroline passed, Klaus' eyes lingered on her. Amber cleared her throat, sending Klaus out of his little trance.

"So... um the weather," Klaus laughed nervously.

Amber rolled her eyes shoving past him and back into the mansion.

______________

After Amber explained everything to Bonnie in her room, she was stumped. The Bennett witch had no idea how to help her.

"You know maybe I could search up some spells–"

"What's the history with Klaus and Caroline?" Amber interrupted Bonnie.

Bonnie knew the thing going on between Klaus and Amber, and with telling the history between the two she knew it would hurt Amber.

Amber sighed, "Don't sugarcoat anything."

"Um okay," Bonnie started. "When Klaus first came to Mystic Falls Caroline caught his eyes. She hated him at first of course, but he was starting to fall for her. As time went by the two grew closer, but soon Klaus left for New Orleans and Caroline forgot about him. Klaus then came back and he saw Caroline, she then admitted her true feelings for him. Well, then the two kinda had sex in the woods. Oh yeah, and Klaus intends to be Caroline's last love."

So many questions were in Amber's mind. Were the feelings still there? Was Amber not as good as Caroline?

"Hey," Bonnie rested her hand on Amber's shoulder. "Klaus looks at you so much differently than Caroline. Even though I don't know you guy's relationship; I can tell he loves you very much. I haven't seen Klaus this way in a long time."

"He was staring at Caroline though. What if all the old feelings resurface for the two?" Amber asked worriedly.

"It won't. Trust me," Bonnie reassured her. "Now what I was saying before, I can transfer some of my power over to you. It might be a little dangerous, but in order to beat The Six you need all the power you can get."

Down stairs Klaus, Damon and Elijah were enjoying some bourbon.

"So...Amber fell for the two Mikaelson brothers? Story of my life," Damon chuckled pouring himself another glass of bourbon. "She is quite the catch though, I'll give you that."

"Say something about her one more time–"

"Niklaus," Elijah stopped his brother. "You will not hurt Damon."

"Besides," Damon continued on. "I saw the way you were looking at Caroline earlier."

Klaus shifted in his seat, Damon noticing this.

"He is very in love with Amber," Elijah said.

"You're speaking for yourself," Damon told Elijah. "Klaus here was looking like he saw a cute adorable puppy for the first time today."

"Caroline and I are history," Klaus sipped his drink. "Amber is in my life now and I will never hurt her."

"Okay then," Damon said standing up. "But if you break her heart, I call dibs on her. Sorry Elijah."

______________

So many people voted for Caroline and Damon to come with Bonnie so I out both in! Of course there will be the drama between Caroline, Amber, and Klaus; but the story is not going to revolve around it.

Vote and comment.

-brooke