21. Power Couple

"I'm not in the mood Klaus; huge headache," Amber held her head as the two drove along the road.

"That's why you don't combine drinking and Damon Salvatore together on one night."

Klaus had told Amber what she had said, and Amber remembered what Klaus had said. Caroline even talked to her and said everything was cool, that her and Stefan, Damon's brother, were together.

"I love you so much," Amber whispers grabbing ahold of his hand.

Klaus brings her hand up to his mouth and kisses it, "I love you too darling."

"Where are we going anyways?" The strawberry blonde asked looking out the window.

"Bonnie said there was some herb out in the bayou that could act as an energy boosted? I don't know, it's all witch stuff."

The scenery then turned into trees and soon they were at the bayou. Everything was calm and quiet since no more wolves were living there. Amber exited the car, Klaus following. All the witch saw was weeds and trees, nothing looking like a special herb.

"What does this thing look like?" Amber asked as she started to walk.

"She said it was a purple or blue plant," Klaus answered.

"Wow. That helps," She mumbled.

Klaus came up from beside her, "Maybe we should split up–"

A scream erupted from his throat as he fell to the ground. Amber knew this was the works of The Six already, another sigh that they were coming.

"Klaus!" She yelled shaking him.

"I – I can't breathe," He managed to say.

Amber placed her hands on Klaus' chest and started to perform a spell. It was a risky spell, taking one's pain away. The pain would transfer to the person who was performing the spell. In this case, Amber was taking Klaus' pain away.

"Stop," He grabbed her arm. "You – you'll kill yourself."

Amber didn't respond as she started sweating and the pain becoming unbearable to her. Klaus then stopped screaming, but when he sat back up, Amber was passed out on the ground.

_________________

The cabin on the lake was an alright place. Although it was old and disgusting, Klaus needed some place where Amber could rest. He hated the thought of his love almost dying again. That spell was way too dangerous, Klaus would've continued to suffer for Amber's sake.

The strawberry blonde finally woke up; looking at her surroundings.

"That took a lot out of me," Amber states rubbing her head.

"Why did you give yourself up like that?" Klaus mumbles looking at her.

Amber stands up, "What?"

"Why did you give yourself up like that?!" The hybrid merely yells.

Amber is taken aback, but she knows why. "Because that's what we do! We protect each other."

Klaus shakes his head and places his hands on her shoulders, "I don't wanna lose you

Klaus shakes his head and places his hands on her shoulders, "I don't wanna lose you. Not again, not ever."

"That's why I did, because I can't lose you," Amber says. "Even though I just woke up and I feel weak, we should go find that herb."

Klaus smiled as he reached for the bag on the table beside the bed. He pulled out a purple looking plant.

"Already found it love," Amber smiled and kisses Klaus on the lips.

"You are literally the best."

The two head outside, the wind picking up all of a sudden. Night was beginning to fall and it brought a dark feeling. Smoke appeared a couple feet in front of them, Klaus putting Amber behind him. They noticed is was one of The Six standing there now, the black smoke and no face gave it away.

"Now, lets see if that herb really help," The monotone voice said.

Amber ripped open the bag and gave one of the seeds to herself and Klaus. They both swallowed it, a boost of energy kicking in.

Amber looks over at Klaus, "Ready to kick some ass?"

"Never been more ready love," Klaus smirks lunging at the smoke figure.

_________________

Two updates in two days, damn I'm on a roll. I have to do a reading log by Monday, and I haven't even started the book? Well...this girl's screwed!!

Vote and comment.

-brooke