27. Mind Games

"No," Amber said almost immediately after those words left Damon's mouth. She couldn't lose someone else; Damon was just talking crazy right now.

Damon's eyes filled with tears; something that people didn't see very often. "I killed Elijah Amber. The guilt is eating me up, I – I need to end this."

"The great Damon Salvatore wants to end his life?" Klaus speaks up. "I don't think Stefan would want that."

"Stefan doesn't need to know this."

Bonnie and Caroline then walked into the room, "Yeah well we're not going to let that happen."

"Damon Salvatore is a survivor. Plus, Caroline and I might have found a way to get Solar out of you."

Damon snaps his head toward Bonnie, "Bonnie Bennett you are a life saver."

"Yeah well it requires some difficult magic obviously," Bonnie then turns towards Amber. "The person he cares about most – which is you – has to go inside of his mind and defeat Solar in there."

Everyone was silent; nobody ever thought they could go into someones mind. Klaus took this as the time to talk, "Yeah and what if Amber gets killed by Solar? Then what?"

Bonnie knew he was going to ask this question. "That's where you come in; Klaus you're basically like the anchor, she needs you to pull her out of his mind."

"And how in the bloody hell do I do that?" He asks Bonnie.

"Allow her to channel your power. You'll get weak - that's for sure - but you need to stay awake if you want Amber to be with you."

Everyone then looked at Amber who was still trying to think if this was even possible. Then, she looked back up at everyone, "I'll do it."

__________

Damon was tied up to the chair with Amber sitting beside him. Klaus was then sat on the floor, holding onto his girlfriend's hand.

"You guys ready?" Bonnie asked the three and they nodded.

The Bennett witch then began to chant the spell, Amber slowly going into a state of sleep. She was out for a while, but when she woke up she was in the middle of a dark forest. It was dark, but she was still able to see some.

"Went through with the plan didn't you?" A man in a robe – which she guessed was Solar – appeared out of the fog.

"I hope you all go to hell," Amber says narrowing her eyes. "You made the wrong decision to mess with my friends."

Solar chuckled, believing the strawberry blonde was weak. "Lets say hi to Damon."

He stepped aside and there, tied to the tree was the raven haired vampire. He was all beaten up with cuts all over him that wouldn't heal. This represented what he looked like in the inside; weak and broken, losing the battle against Solar to control his body.

"Damon," She ran over to him and caressed his face. "I'm going to get you out of here okay?"

Damon gave her a bloody smile, "Don't get yourself killed."

Amber gave a faint laugh at his words. She stood back up and turned back around to face Solar. He charged at her first, but the witch knocked him down with ease.

Solar got back up and pinned her against the ground. "You poor little child."

Amber used her magic and made Solar fly through the air and hit a tree. Damon was quite impressed with the strawberry blonde's skills. Solar then came at her again, but she noticed something. They were evenly matched; which meant that they would be fighting for hours, giving the rest of The Six time to attack the others. Damon needed Solar out of his mind, but the vampire had something standing in the way: Amber Rose. His desire for her heightened every single day – she was also his anchor.

Amber thought of this, so she only had one thing to do. Something she would regret. She pushed Solar back to the ground and went over to Damon.

"What are you doing?" He asked, looking at Solar who was slowly getting up.

"I'm saving your ass," And without a second thought, she kissed him.

Her plump lips on his, the two kissed in the dark forest. All of a sudden a bright light started to appear; it took Solar with it. He was dead. Only four more to go.

Amber pulled away and looked around. "That was the only way to save you."

"I liked that way," Damon stated out of breath from the kiss.

Everything went black then, until the two gasped and woke up from the spell. Bonnie, Caroline, and Klaus all looked at the two.

"You guys did it!" Caroline smiled hugging Amber.

Bonnie untied Damon and pulled him into a hug. Amber went over to Klaus who hugged her dearly, placing a delicate kiss on her forehead.

"How'd you do it? How did you save him?" Bonnie asked.

Amber knew she had to tell the truth, she couldn't lie. "I – um – I kissed Damon."

Everyone's mouth went wide, even Damon's who thought she'd keep it a secret. Klaus on the other hand just stared at his girlfriend still in his arms. He slowly stepped back.

"Klaus it was to save him," Amber pointed out. She knew he was upset with her, just like he was with Elijah kissing her.

Damon piped into the conversation, "If she wouldn't have done that then we'd both be dead."

Klaus took this into understanding, but soon pushed it away. "First Elijah, then Damon. Who's next? Kol?"

Klaus whooshed away, out of the room. Amber stood there realizing something that she couldn't bear: they just broke up.

__________

my poor parents :( but a break up needed to happen sometime soon even though they've been through hell and back together. but did you think klaus was wrong to walk out like that on amber? or could've there been another way for amber to defeat solar without kissing damon?

make sure to vote and comment!

-brooke