28. Mending

Klaus Mikaelson was nowhere to be seen. After finding out the love of his life kissed the raven-haired vampire, he fled. He just wanted to be alone where there was no problems; just him and his thoughts.

There were only four members of The Six; none of them knew what they're next move was. They were getting weaker by the day, another encounter with Amber and Klaus and they could kill them once and for all.

Then there was Damon and Amber. There was definitely the awkward tension between the two, but they managed to work together. Amber however was devestated though, she had lost the two most important people in her life: first Elijah then Klaus.

"He'll come back eventually," Damon reassured her while walking into her room. "He has to get over it sometime."

Amber shook her head, "You don't get it Damon. He's been hurt so many times; he told me that he knew I was the one meant for him. Now,I just crushed his heart."

"But it was to save me right?" Damon asked trying to make her feel better. "You would've went on for hours fighting Solar.Kissing me was the only way to stop him; get him out of me."

Amber's eye widened as she realized something. "They made it the only way to defeat Solar so Klaus and I could be a part for a while. We're much vulnerable when we're a part!"

"Well we better get you two sailing on that love boat again or we're all doomed."

__________

"Klaus...I don't know how many times I need to apologize, but please call me back. Da – Bonnie and I have uncovered something that puts us in danger. Call me back as soon as possible," Amber sighed as she left the fifth voicemail that day.

Damon then walked in the room. "Any luck?"

Amber shook her head, "Not at all. I mean why can't he call me back when–"

Her phone started ringing and the called ID was Klaus. She swiftly pressed the green button.

"Are you okay? I got the voicemails and – and my head was making me think that you got kidnapped..."

Amber lightly at Klaus' protection over her. She loved him so much for that. "I'm okay Klaus. But you need to come back to the mansion, for our safety and so we can talk."

Klaus knew he would have to face her and Damon sometime soon, he just didn't want it to be the day after they kissed. "I'll be there in 10 minutes," He said before hanging up.

After a little more than ten minutes Klaus showed up. He stopped when he saw Damon and Amber in the same room together. No, he wouldn't be all jealous; Amber loved him, he knew that. They've been through too much for this to be the last straw for them.

Bonnie luckily walked in at the right moment and Klaus smiled. "Bonnie! So glad to see you."

"Uh, thanks?" Bonnie quirked an eyebrow at him and sat next to Amber.

"So, now that I'm here we can't get hurt?" Klaus asked.

Bonnie shook her head, "You're here for that, but you two need to make up."

"Bonnie we're not forcing anything," Amber stated. "We'll deal with our relationship once everything's died down."

Damon took Bonnie's hand, "Sorry but you two are making up."

The two exited the room, leaving Klaus and Amber to silently look at each other.

Amber stood up and walked up to him, "You didn't even stay to listen to my side of the story."

"You kissed him Amber!" He raised his voice a little. "What other explanation can you have for that?"

Amber shook her head, "It was the only way to save him! The Six wanted that situation to happen so we could be a part. We've been through so much Klaus, don't let this end what we have."

Klaus took a moment to think about this. He wanted her back, but if they went back together then it would feel forced. Amber placed her hands on his cheeks and made him look at her.

"You and me till the end remember? We aren't being forced into anything, we love each other and I plan on being with you forever."

"You forgot one thing," Klaus and Amber have never discussed this, but he decided to bring it up anyways. "You don't live forever remember? I do."

Amber's smile suddenly faded and she removed her hands from his cheeks. She never even thought about this concept before. "Lets not think about that right now."

"But we have to, it'll come up sooner or later when you age and I don't."

Amber sighed, "I feel like I'm in Twilight."

"I'm sorry," Klaus said. "I shouldn't be putting more on your mind."

"No," Amber walked towards the door. "I need to think about this. Thank you so much for putting more shit onto my mind."

__________

whoops this is a filler chapter, sorry. but amber and klaus are still on a break. a lot of things are going on and they need time to think for themselves. this book is ending soon though and i'm actually pretty sad

vote and comment

-brooke