19. Too Close For Comfort

*I made this gif and I love it a lot okay? They match so perfectly I cry*

"Whatcha working on red head?" Damon asked coming up from behind Amber.

Amber groaned, "It's strawberry blonde oh my god!"

"I know, I just like calling you that," Damon smirked sitting at the chair beside her. "Where's Bonnie?"

"She went out to get us some lunch. We're working on a power transfer spell."

Damon's eyes widened, "Isn't that dangerous? Well for the both of you really?"

"Yes it is," Amber sighed closing the book. "But Bonnie and I are willing to do this. Even though The Six are after Klaus and I, who knows who they'll be after next."

Damon's head perked up and his eyes traveled to the room next door. He then looked back at the witch who was giving him a questioning look. Damon knew Amber would not like this one single bit.

"Damon what is it?" She asked.

"I don't think you–" Amber cut Damon off by walking past him and peeking into the other room.

There stood Klaus and Caroline talking and laughing with each other. Amber's eyes quickly looked away from the scene and she retreated back to the seat she was in.

"I told you not to look," Damon muttered.

"Just please shut up."

Amber went to open the book again, but a ringing sound in her ear made her stop. The strawberry blonde fell from her seat and onto the ground.

"Klaus!" Damon yelled and he came rushing in.

His heart dropped when he saw Amber crying on the ground in pain.

"Love," He whispered crouching down beside her.

Caroline came into the room with a worried look in her eyes. Amber continued to scream, nobody knew what was happening and how they could stop it. Minutes later Bonnie came running into the room, putting the lunch bag on the table.

"Klaus what the hell?" Bonnie yelled at him.

"What? I did nothing!" Klaus said.

Bonnie sighed, "You're damaging the link between you and Amber. I read about it last night; you two are basically linked now since you connected. If you mess with that link, for example like flirting with another girl, then Amber goes into pain."

Caroline and Klaus stood silently, the hybrid immediately feeling guilty as ever. Elijah came running into the room, putting Amber in his lap.

"Shh, Amber it's okay," He whispered while stroking her hair. "I'm here, you're fine."

Amber's breathing slowed down and she stopped screaming. The witch looked around at everybody above her. Klaus went to go touch her hand, but she swiped it out of the way. Elijah helped Amber up and she thanked him.

"I heard what Bonnie said, even through the screaming," She said looking at Klaus and Caroline. "Looks like I need to defeat The Six on my own then."

Amber turned around and walked out of the room. Damon ran after her and stopped her.

"Damon please I–"

"Just let me offer you something," He interrupted her. "Wanna go clubbing tonight?"

_____________

I love Caroline but kinda hating her in this story tbh. Sorry for a short chapter, kind of a filler one. Next chapter should be really fun, you get to see Amber let loose.

Does anyone ship Damon and Amber? I'm not gonna lie I kinda do, but Klamber is endgame sooo

Vote and comment.

-brooke