Recovery

Journal entry #5

A few days after my short outburst of depression and my breakdown of tears, I stayed home from school. The first day was just because I had a fever and felt completely awful. But then I didn't go back for a couple more days because I just didn't want to go to school. It was a relief to have a break from school and just relax.

Madelynn came over to my house, after I was gone for three days because she was worried. I mean, who wouldn't be worried when their best friend skips school and doesn't reply to any text messages or phone calls? I didn't mean to ignore her, but I just needed to escape from reality. And that escape included me turning my phone completely off, forgetting about social media and just doing things that made me happy.

One night I watched a marathon of all my favorite disney movies, and ate popcorn and chocolate. The next day I didn't wake up until noon or 1 am, but that was just fine. During the morning of one day, I did all sorts of girly things and pampered myself. I took a nice bath with lavender scented bath salts, gave myself a manicure and pedicure, and did a facial. I don't do stuff like that all the time, but it was a nice treat.

It was about the fourth day when Madelynn came over, and at first she was worried and slightly mad at me for turning my phone off. But she kind of understood my desire for quietness. I had done something like this before, but that time she called my home phone and I talked to her that way.

When she first arrived, she told me about all the assignments I missed. Then she told me about what happened at school and what I missed out on. I didn't miss much, just the usual boring classes, mostly annoying classmates and school gossip. Which, to my protest, she told me all about it anyways.

Then she tried something new on my hair and was just there for me. That's all that matters, really. A best friend who knows everything about you and understands you, someone who is always there and never gives up. I mean, sure, we've had our conflicts and arguments but we never stopped being friends.

She stayed for dinner but then had to go back home since it was getting late. I tried to catch up on some of the homework I missed, but it all seems really hopeless. Almost like I'm sinking or drowning in homework, and each time I turn around, it multiplies. But part of that may be because I get delirious when really sleepy. I was working on the homework, then it kept increasing like sand and next thing I knew I passed out on my desk. I dreamt of chasing my finished homework across a desert since the wind kept blowing it away, but there was undone homework that surrounded me.

I know, weird dream, right? But I guess that what happens when you do that much homework; it will almost drive you crazy. I really needed that sleep though, it was the first time since my sudden outburst of depression that I was able to sleep peacefully.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Guess what?! Its at 552 now, which is even better, considering that I finished it in one go. But I can always go back over it and correct or change it if I wanna make it better. But thank y'all for reading and please vote or comment, it means a lot to me. :)

~ Stormy-Heart