Chapter 14

Regina kept saying they were close.

"Just a little farther." So Emma kept going. The road was empty, no other cars on either side. Henry had fallen asleep the moment his ass hit the seat. They left early in order to avoid traffic, though that didn't seem to be an issue. At one point Emma wondered if Regina was a serial killer luring them to her super secret cabin full of corpses.

She internally scolded herself as she looked over at the brunette, who looked simply giddy.

"I hope my wretched sister didn't manage to bring the town down in flames while I was locked up in that hell hole."

"Hey, hey, hey... that hell hole is where we met."

"No, it's really not. We met on my front walkway."

"We'll see."

"Yes, Emma, you will."

So they drove until Emma felt a tingly sensation on her skin and pulled over.

"What's wrong?" Emma shook her head.

"You didn't feel that? That tingly thing?"

Regina just smirked before opening the passenger door and gesturing for her to do the same. The blonde rounded the car to join the brunette sitting on the hood. Regina pointed down the road to a sign.

Emma gasped, "Welcome to Storybrooke."

"There's magic here. That's what you felt. Your magic waking up, in a sense," Regina smiled reminiscently. "When I kissed you in the asylum--"

"I kissed you, Regina. Not the other way around."

"When I kissed you in the asylum," Regina glared at the blonde playfully. "I expected the your memories to be restored but, as I thought about it, I realized I needed just a bit of magic... and for you to at least have a speck of belief. I knew we were True Loves but your memories weren't like any other curse."

"So this place is real? Storybrooke..."

"Emma?"

"Yeah?"

"Kiss me."

"Well that's an offer I'll never refuse."

And, this time, when their lips met, a bright, colorful light shot outward and covered all of Storybrooke. Emma pulled back and stared at Regina, her eyes showing much more understanding than it had a few seconds before.

"Regina," Emma whispered reverently before diving back to capture the brunette's lips, instantly deepening the kiss, tangling her fingers in Regina's luscious hair.

"Mom!" They jumped apart, seeing Henry standing next to the Bug, looking at them while wearing the largest grin.

"Moms!" He shouted as he sprinted towards them. He threw his arms around both of them and squeezed as hard as his lanky arms allowed.

"I've missed you so much, Henry." Regina sobbed, her hand gripping his jacket to pull him even closer.

"I've missed you too, Mom." Henry pulled back and smiled at his brunette mother. "So you and Emma, huh?"

"Little shit." The mother and son duo ignored Emma as they pull each other back, hugging once more. Emma watched from the side, feeling total adoration in her heart.

"Alright, come on, dear. Your grandparents need our help."

"What happened?"

"That's a story for later. Let's find Snow and Charming and defeat this Wicked Witch so that we can truly live happily ever after."

"Sounds good to me!" Henry chuckled.

"Let's go kick some green ass."