The Anteiku Appointment

"Kaneki! Hide!" You waved as you saw the two walk into the cafe. Kaneki shyly smiled at you as he noticed you, Hide smiling towards Kaneki. You beckoned for them to come over. Hide elbowed Kaneki's side as they both sat down at the table. He kept on winking towards you, but you ignored it. Kaneki pushed his arm away and quietly shushed him. He laughed to himself. 

"H-hey, Y/N." He shakily said, scratching his head. "I didn't expect to see you here." He held his left hand to his chin. You heard laughter change to pain as Hide reacted to a bang from under the table. He rubbed at his foot. Kaneki gave Hide a quick glance. 

"So, c-can I get you anything? A coffee or something?" 

"Oh Kaneki, you don't ha-"

"NO! Sorry, I-I mean, it's just that...that I insist." His cheeks turned a bright red. Kaneki turned around to find a free member of staff. You noticed Touka was idly standing near one of the tables. 

"Touka looks like she's free, I'll call her over."

"I can do that!" Hide suddenly spoke up. He turned around and shouted for her. 

"Touka-chan!" He waved his arms wildly around. She noticed him and gave out a small sigh. Walking over towards the table, she pulled out a notepad. 

"Yeah?" 

"My good friend Kaneki would like to order something!" Touka looked over to Kaneki, and then to you. You shrugged your shoulders at her. She laughed under her breath. 

"What do you want, Kaneki?" 

"Uh, one- no- two regular coffees, please." Hide coincidentally coughed. Kaneki sighed. "Make it three." Touka scribbled down some notes, then walked away. 

"Wait, Touka-chan! I'll be a minute, you guys." Hide abruptly got up and followed Touka. He patted Kaneki's back before running off. She tried to sound as friendly as possible as Hide constantly talked. You and Kaneki were left at the table together.

After a couple minutes of conversation, Hinami ran out from the staff door. 

"Touka! I found some food for Loser! Oh! Y/N-chan! Onii-chan!" Hinami came running to the table, her hand cupping something. 

"Hi Hinami, what are you holding?" You asked. 

"Some food for Loser! I found it! You have to be careful with it though, it's alive!" She opened it, to reveal a long, red centipede. "Look at it!" 

"It's very...nice, Hinami. I'm sure Loser will enjoy it. Right, Kaneki?" You looked over to Kaneki. He was staring at the centipede in her hands, his eye twitching slightly. Beads of sweat dripped down his head as he couldn't take his eyes off the insect.  "Kaneki...?" 

He shook his head, before also standing up. 

"I-I...sorry. I just don't feel very well. I'm going to go the the bathroom." He walked away. 

"Onii-san!" Hinami shouted. Kaneki turned around, but quickly turned back round when he saw her going over to him. He wasn't looking where he was going, and tripped over one of the chair's legs that was sticking out. He tripped, and fell. 

"Kaneki!" You said as you went over to him. He was holding his head. Blood was covering his hand slightly. 

"You're bleeding! Let me get you a tissue or something." You reassured him. 

"I'm okay, Y/N, honestly. It was just a scratch, that's al-"

"KANEKI-KUN! I AM HERE!" Tsukiyama majestically slammed through the entry doors, a handkerchief in his hand. He practically threw himself towards the injured Kaneki. "Don't worry, my precious Kaneki. Your sauveur  has arrived." He held his hand out to help him up, to which he hesitantly accepted. Tsukiyama handed him the cloth, and Kaneki dabbed his head with it. You saw as Tsukiyama strangely licked his lips.