Convenience (Mutsuki)

Requested by: @minamiokatani and @PreciousCinnaGhoul

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU DIED

CONTINUE       > QUIT

"OH FOR FU-" You dropped the controller, allowing it to sink into the blue rug. Slumping back from the side of the bed, you fell until you were laying flat on the floor. "How can you do this all day?" You asked, wiggling your feet in the air. "Surely it gets boring." The beeps of a game console answered you back, but its response was useless. You waited a couple of seconds, before slouching back up. "Hey!" 

"Mhm..." The blue haired girl murmured, but you were unsure whether it was towards your question or not. She didn't make another noise, and the beeping returned to fill the room. You looked around the bedroom, coloured posters of characters and tv shows tried to cover the dull grey of the provided bedroom Saiko lived in. Despite the attempt, the muted shade still crept through every corner. You sighed deeply. As you lay on the floor, you felt an aching pain in your stomach. 

Damn... I'm hungry. 

Standing up, you stretched, letting every ounce of defeat leave your body- only to be replaced by a searing desire to eat. You drooped into an unhealthy hunch, before returning to your normal posture. 

"I'm getting food, do you-" You cut yourself off mid-way, realizing the amount of empty, half-empty, unopened packets of every convenience store item Saiko had hoarded around her room. You didn't bother finishing the question- she had enough to eat and she probably wasn't listening in the first place. 

Entering the rest of the house, you found Urie sat at the dining table looking at a document, and Shirazu, sprawled out over the chairs on his phone. 

"Where's Sasaki?" You asked to whoever was listening. Urie seemed to have his headphones in, so only Shirazu replied. 

"Out." 

"Great." 

You stumbled over to the fridge, praying there was something in it. Shelves of worthless items greeted your arrival. Unless you were going to eat a stick of butter, there was nothing to grab. You sighed deeply and loudly, before walking over to one of the sofas, plunging your head into a pillow. 

"What's wrong?" 

"There's nothing to eat." You groaned, clutching your stomach as you turned over. 

"Geez, why're you so dramatic?" Shirazu jokingly asked, his eyes still focused on the phone screen. You gave a quick, playful scowl at him, before shrugging to yourself.  

"When's Sasaki coming back?"

"I dunno." You groaned again. 

You decided to stay slouched into the sofa, watching the ceiling fan spin in its endless loop. You tapped your fingers, knocking your feet against the side in harmony. Shirazu's groans grew louder after every failure on his phone. The scribbling of Urie's pen echoed quietly in your ears. It was only in this moment did you realise how boring the apartment was. There was a television - but nothing to watch. People - but nothing to talk about. Most of the time if you weren't out doing investigations, you were all working through documents. Free time felt less relaxing than constantly working. 

"ARRRRGH!" Shirazu lifted his head from the phone,  angered eyes burning at you. "Do you have to do that?!" You were so entranced in your own little pointless thoughts you hadn't noticed you were still banging your feet.