Eleven

Jessica's pov

I appreciate Melissa being there for me, but i need her to. Stay out of this. I don't need her sympathy. Hell, I don't want her sympathy. I hate that signature sympathetic look that everyone at school looks at me with. They know. They all know.

I think some part of me has always known that Matthew has been cheating on me. You can tell when your partner can't look you in the eyes and when your best friend acts weird. She tells me everything, but as of late, she has been extremely secretive. It's so unlike her, and I've seen the looks they give each other. I guess I didn't want to believe it. I didn't want to believe he would do something like that to me. I guess I should've realized it sooner, instead of shoving down all the doubt, I should've talked to him about it. What else can you expect from player? What was I thinking getting with him in the beginning anyway?

The bell for the end of school rang. I groan. Cheerleading practise. That's the last thing I feel like doing today. I don't need the freakin cheerleaders to look at me with that look, and I certainly don't need to see Nicky looking at me. She betrayed me. But that's not all, and that's not the worst of it either. Matthew will be on the field for football practice. So not only do I have to see my lying cheating best friend, I have to see my jackass ex. I run quickly to the section of field we practise every day, so that I could be there before both practises start.

"Hey gorgeous. How are you?" I hear his freakin annoying and attractive and arrogant voice and my heart sinks slowly into slowly into my chest. I spin around to see him. Matthew. I force a smile. Look happy.

"Hi Matthew. I'm good." I make out, even though I want to cry, and I know "fine" would be a dead give away.

"Okay cool. So what are you doing tonight?" He asks me. He was trying to hook up. Yeah right. What the hell? He knows I know right? I don't think he does.

"Nope. I am going to be doing a lot of stuff that doesn't involve you." I said stressing the fact that I don't want to hang out with him specifically.

"Oh. So, what exactly are you going to be doing then?" He asked, and questioning my comment.

"It doesn't involve you so it doesn't really matter then, does it?" I fire back quickly, with a blank expression. I can't let him in to see how much he hurt me. He look shocked and almost hurt. Join the club buddy.

And then, I walk away. I don't like over my shoulder and try to act like everything is cool. Idiot. Player. Jerk.

Cheerleading practice is a complete bore. I am so tired of this. I'm sick of leading these freakin fake two faced girls in routines and cheers. Eventually,  it comes to an end, and I can't wait just to get home and bawl my eyes out.

I walk to fetch my bags and around the corner of the stands, and as I do I hear two voices. Familiar voices. Very familiar voices. My heart sinks for the fifth time today. I can't afford to give it anymore heartbreak, otherwise that's just what it would do.

"Does she know?" My best friend asks, and I bite my lip and close my eyes. My heart stings from the betrayal.

"Not a clue." Matthew answers, and I fight the urge to sob.

"Good baby. I'm just sorry it's in secret." Nicky replies, pulling Matthew into another kiss, again. I squirm under the weight of the hurt. I can't believe Nicky  would do this to me. Hurt jolts my body.

Before I can stop myself, I step around the corner out into the open and look at the two kissing.

"You don't have to worry about keeping it a secret any longer. I know. So don't mind me. Please, continue." I urge, and they both look at me, gaping. I'm trying so hard not to cry right now, but I won't cry in front of them.

"It isn't what you think." Matthew recovers quickly, his signature smile coming across his face.

"Oh, really then what is it?" I urge.

"Um..." Nicky stutters, looking from me back to Matthew and back again.

"Well I think I should leave you be. It looks like you have, um... unfinished business. So, uh... have fun with that, and some advice for future, next time, do it in a more private place. No one needs to see that." I snap, and wave my hand in a circle, gesturing to the two of them. I walk away trying to make myself look confident, but a rebel tear slides down my cheek.

Luckily our home is close to school. Mom wasn't going to fetch me. I told her not to. I need the exercise. So I run home, more tears running down my cheek, and sobs jilting my body. As the house comes into view, I quickly stop and wipe my eyes. It can't be helped if my face is red. I sigh and walk inside.

"Hi mom." I try to say confidently, but my voice comes out all shaky. I cringe.

"Hi kiddo. How are you?" She shouts from the kitchen.

"Um.. good I guess. Got lots of homework. See you." I say before she can further interrogate me, and I run into my room and fall into my bed and I let the tears come full on now. There is no use holding back.

"Kiddo, I have to go..." My mom says as she walks into my room. I shoot up quickly, trying to make it look like noting is wrong, but I wasn't going to get away with it. My face is wet and red, as I look in the mirror.

"Oh honey." She sits down on my bed, and pulls me into a hug. "What's wrong?" She asks, wiping my face.

"Nothing." I try to say as casually as possible. Stupid tears.

"Did he break up with you?" She asks knowingly. How on earth did she know? Motherly instincts I'm guessing. I shake my head.

" He-He...broke it. Everything. He broke every-everything." I whisper, between sobs, trying to swallow the lump in my throat.

"Tell me everything hon. I'm here for you." My mom rubs my back supportively, but looking furious.

"Him, and... and Nicky, were making out." I admit, and with the admittance, comes another sob. "Oh! When I get my hands on him... He is going to be very, very sorry he ever messed with you, because anyone who messes with you, messes with me!" She comments, furious, and I know she means it.

I don't know why I never saw it before. That boy is the golden boy, getting anyone he wants. Well not this girl. Not anymore. Don't get me wrong, it still hurts, and extremely bad. But he isn't worth my tears.

My mom hugs me tightly, as I sob into her shirt. I love her and I need her so much. I rest my head on her shoulder and she runs her fingers through my hair. I am going to be okay. I know I will.