Eighteen

Cam and I had a year and a half lasting relationship. We were best friends, and the relationship blossomed from me being my brother's little sister. It is definitely a clique romance, but those are the best kind.

"Stop!" I shouted at him, with my mouth full of marshmallows, he kept putting in more and more.

"Alright, now say chubby bunny." He said to me stuffing another one into my mouth.

"Cnnby bhnny." I said with all the marshmallows into my mouth. He handed me a serviette. I attempted to swallow all the marshmallows and wiped my face with the serviette.

"Alright, Your turn." I said, popping more marshmallows into his mouth. "Say, I love Melissa."

"I Lhamve MehMissa." He said and I burst out laughing.

"Come on, say it again!" I ordered.

"I love Melissa." He said normally.

"Hey, no fair! You can't just swallow them!" I shout.

"Say it back." Cameron stated.

"No. You cheated." I complain. He races up to me and starts tickling me. I start laughing uncontrollably.

"Hey! S-stop!" I manage today between giggles.

"Not until you say it!" He says.

"Never!" I shout, breaking loose from his grip, and run around the fireplace. He quickly catches up and tickles me more.

He eventually stops, and pulls me close to him.

"Say it." He whispers.

"I love you,Cameron." I obey.

"There. That was easy wasn't it?" He says.

"Yes, but-" I start, but Cameron's lips crash on mine.

I loved that winter night. The memory made me all warm inside. Him and I.

"Man down!" He shouted at me, as I threw a snowball at him.

"Ow!!" I shouted as he threw a snowball at me. I fell to the ground dramatically. He ran up to me.

"Oh my goodness! Are you okay???" He asked, worryingly. I shook my head. His face softened and I threw a snowball at him.

"Why You!!!" He shouted at me in a sort of mad, joking voice. I laughed. We both lay down and made snow angels. We then watched the stars.

Yet another vivid memory came flowing from my brain. I suddenly realised that I was staring at Cam.

"Sorry..." I said staring back at me. I could see that he was studing me, trying to understand me.

"For what?" He asked confused.

"I got distracted." I said. He looked at me and laughed.

"Typical Melissa. What were you thinking about?" He asked.

"I thought about the one winter's night. The one with the snowball fight and the one where you and I stuffed marshmallows into our mouths." He laughed as I said that. I didn't mention the kiss.

"How are the prom arrangements coming?" He asked.

"What? How did you know?" I looked at him.

"I have my sources." he said smirking at me.

"Oh really?" I asked, and raised my eyebrow.

"Savannah asked me out to the ball." he suddenly blurted. I looked at him wide eyed.

"I said no." He said laughing at my expression.

"Oh?" I said trying to play it cool.

"Of course."

"Why?" I ask, curiosity getting the best of me.

"I am already going with someone else." he said and my heart dropped.

What did I expect? He is the gorgeous golden boy of Ridgewood High. He could get any one he wants.

"Who?" I blurted but I mentally kicked myself, but I have to know the answer.

"You." he said his signature smirk lining his handsome features.

My mouth dropped open.

I just realised that my family was standing outside and that we were in Steven's bedroom. Damn! I really hope that he didn't hear that.

Cam smiled sheepishly at me.

"So Melissa, will you go to prom with me?" I smiled.

"I would love to." I said.

I turned around and my whole family was smiling at me. I groaned.