Chapter 30

It's just been 1 hr we've been driving and it already feels like a day, I tried to calm down and close my eyes, but the mere thought of maddy or Cole getting hurt left my eyes wide open and my heart beating profusely. I'd never want this, not in a million years.

People are right, Family protects you. My family did, even though I wasn't ever aware of it. I don't even know what I'm fighting for, everything is in bits and pieces, like a broken maze, and there are some parts I could never find.
One part of it was my mom, and dad... Daren said he's alive... If he's alive why wouldn't he come see me, why did he never make his presence known...was I that bad?
Tears threatened to fall off, I hold them back. I need to be strong.

BOOM!
I ducked instantly and my head touched the headboard quite roughly.
I looked back to find a gun shot in the back window, and then another and then another.
"Shit" Daren muttered, and sped the car, making the car move in a criss-cross direction, so that they couldn't shoot us properly.
"Daren!!!" I screamed when I saw a car coming towards us from the front.
The car moved sideways and we went off road in the rocky area.
The barn was on the outskirts, and we left California behind by 50 kilometres, there was no scope to take refuge, and submitting to those gunmen's wasn't an option.
Daren punched the headboard and removed a gun, he pointed it towards me, I stood still when he shot just behind me. I dint even know when he pulled down the mirror, I was too scared, too paralysed to process anything.
Next I knew I had a gun in my hand and Daren shouting, "Shoot!!!"
I couldn't, I've never handled a gun before, I can't do this.
it was 30secs when I almost thought this was over but suddenly a car dashed into us sending our car to take a 360degree turn. I hold the opened window so tight and left my head bump thrice before the car came in it's actual position. Thank god we dint stay turned over.
I feel like I'm going to be sick.
I saw two men come in and my vision turned black, I realised a black cloth was put over my head.
I felt my hands being tied, and someone nudged me, scratch that, kicked me signalling to walk.
Having no idea where I was walking to, just one thought ran in my mind I can't lose Daren..

I screamed, I kicked, but nothing budged. All I could feel was hard wall behind my back and the same under my butt. I was rough, I assumed we were underground, in a not so well maintained place. Of course.
I heard footsteps coming closer, and then I heard a gasp.
"Eliza!!!"
"Madison!!!" I screamed, and tried to get up, only to remember that I was tied.
I moved my head in the darkness of the cloth to try and find her direction, but to no avail.
"Are you okay?!" I asked.
"Eliza!!!! Go away!!! They want to kill you!! He betrayed us!! It's...." Madison suddenly stopped speaking, there was no noise in the area, complete silence. It started to scare me, what did they do to her!
"Madison!!! Are you okay!! Maddy???!!! Talk to me" I helplessly tried.
"F-fi-ne" came a soft voice. Of course she wasn't, she is my fighter, and the only person whose made me feel stronger all my life.
"Where is Cole?" I asked again, trying to keep her responding to me.
I don't know what condition she is in, I don't know where Daren is, I don't even know if Alex and Konstantin are following us anymore or not.
But if Madison is here, then I'm in the right place.
an hour passed, and suddenly the black cloth was removed from my face, I closed my eyes to adjust with my surrounding, I saw Madison and Cole tied up in front of me, both unconscious, or maybe too drained out to respond. I saw a gash on Cole's bent fore head, I could only imagine how deep that would be. I flinched.
A man put water on them, the whole bucket, I gritted my teeth. I want to kill him.
Somebody came in, A huge rusty door opened, and I couldn't believe it, I just couldn't believe my eyes.
"Tessa?" I whispered.
"Oh no melodramatic expression Eliza, this is no Hollywood" She remarked.
"I'd really love to kill you, I don't understand why my brother is so in love with you, pretty eyes" She bent down holding my chin and stabbing her nails painfully in my cheeks.
"why would you do this?!" I asked.
Tessa ... It's just unbelievable, what is for Tessa to get?

She was the innocent little sister. What is her age anyway? 17? 

"Because I told her to." Came a voice, very familiar.
And this time, all air knocked out of me and all I did was to stare at the man in front of me. I forgot how to breathe for a second, and my mind reeled back. love replaced anguish, trust replaced anger, and my body went in a complete shock.
"I told you Eliza...  betrayed us." Madison spoke softly, she was trying hard to speak and fight, but the pain was evident in her voice.

"I know Madison...I know" I whispered.
******************************************************************************************

2 more chapters to go...

who do you think it is?? 

let me know in the comment section down. 
I'm very sorry for the wait! 

hope this makes it up to yall! 

Xx Khush xX

*********************************************************************************************