Chapter 31.

"I know Madison... I know." I whispered. I still couldn't believe this. Everything is unveiling in front of me, and the truth is hitting me like ice cold piercing daggers.

"Daren lockston." I said.

"Ouch. That venomous voice! Come-on El I'm Ren, your Ren" He mocked.

"You're a fool" I told him.

"Really El? You're the one whose dying here, how does that make me a fool?" He pointed to himself, he had a bit of blood on his forehead.

In any other situation I would have worried about it, but now?

After all these years, when he had broken our trust, I gritted my teeth.

The only person I considered my family, all my life, now betrayed me.

"Sadly, We don't have time for all this chit-chatting, now do we?" Tessa piped in, snaking her arms around Daren and pecking him on his lips.

Daren and Tessa?

"Yeah babe, let's get over with them." Daren smiled.

"Them?" I choked out. Of course, Madison and Cole were witnesses, he would kill them.

"Daren, you know Cole way before than I do, he's your buddy, how can you do that to them?!" I screamed, begging him not to do this.

"Yeah, I'll regret killing you bud, but I have to." He pointed a gun at him, and my mind went slack. My eyes widened, and fear rushed inside my body, and a cold sensation ran down my spine. I tried to wiggle out from my chains and do something but hell! What can I even do?!

"Cole could wait for a little time, right? We need to kill you first, Do you know why you're getting murdered Eliza?" Daren asked, his eyes void of any emotion, that always showed warmth. His evil smirk, wiping out every image of him that I considered pure. And the gun in his hand pointed towards my head destroying every piece of trust and love I had for him.

"No." I stated.

"story time then..? Nah.. maybe later" He smirked, pointing the gun towards me again.

I shut my eyes tightly, waiting for the piercing impact. For excruciating pain, and for my life to end. I heard a distant shot, and my breath hitched, waiting for pain to settle in, but it never did. I never felt anything, I slowly opened my eyes, to see the front door break into pieces and various cars coming in. Konstantin jumped out of the car, and his men began shooting, more men came in, and began shooting at Konstantin's men. I tried to move as far away as those chains lead me. I threw a panic look towards Cole who was now holding Madison very close trying to protect her from any damage.

I was suddenly free from my chains, and I looked back to see Konstantin, I got up and nodded.

"Are you okay?" He asked, worried.

I nodded again.

"Go, go from the back, I'll take care of this." He said,

"But! Madison? And Cole?" I frantically looked around.

"They're already being taken." He assured to which I nodded, and ran towards the exit.

The exit was just in front of me, I just had to run towards it, I looked around spotting nobody who had eyes on me, and ran.

I suddenly opened my eyes and saw the ground and I was yanked up rather harshly, by my hair and the cold feeling of metal was evident on my head.

"DROP THE GUNS!" Daren roared. I flinched. I felt that I've never known him at all. All these years I've been hanging out with a completely different person, my best friend, my first love.