I ~ Chapter 1

I ~ Chapter 1

It was a crowded room with many cupboards and shelves on rows. On each of them were bottles, jars filled with chemicals of different colours. The room looked somewhat similar to a chemical laboratory on first impression.

The room was filled with many figures dressed in white coats. Many of them are in groups, taking down notes, discussing on topics of their interest, nodding their heads while another of rather middle age was giving a lecture onto which some were keen, while some were vaguely listening, while the rest were hardly interested. He was pointing towards a screen which bore scanned images of a human brain from different perspectives.

"The lesson or study of the human brain is very important to every medical student. The brain's authoritative instructions or commands are responsible for each and every single function of our body. The brain decides the personality or the chracter of a person. In simple terms, it is the brain that solely decides whether a person is kindhearted, courageous, a rogue or intelligent. Finally the coclusion is that the brain can be considered as the King of the organs of the humans body."

After a long session of discussing and explaining the structure and functions of the human brain. Dr. Williams, Head of the Neurology Department of Brown Medical School continues to clear the doubts and questions of the students.

"Alright, I hope everything is cleared. Now, I want all of you to form into pairs, and do a small research project with your partner. I've done this project continuously for years, and it's been really really successful."

He continued.

"The next room to the right side, when you enter the corridor is the case study room. We've got a large collection of the reports of some of our regular patients. Mostly, with some disease condition regarding the brain. There are some cases with regard to the nervous system and the spinal cord, you have to just ignore them."

"All you've to do is, read through some files and select a case which will be your research project for this semester. The decision has to be done by the will of both of you."

"Then bring it to me if you need any clarifications to be done. I'll give my support in every possible way. Also, as a help,I can arrange some field trips to meet the patient. I think it would help you to increase and develop your performance."

"The deadline will be the first week of December. So, all of you have around three months to discuss and gather your research. I don't want it to be just another handed report. Try to be different, and make a change. I'd be looking forward to your conclusions on the report. Good luck!"

After the conclusion of Dr. William's lecture, all the students dispersed out of the room. The chatter in between the students on their research work was the main cause of the loud noise in the cafeteria of Brown Medical School.

***

"Information regarding the brain are really interesting, aren't they?" Sally asked.

"Yeah, they're really amazing." Replied Payton.

"We've to start the project by next week, then we can have some free time for Halloween." Sally said.

"Yeah, good idea. I don't wanna stay awake on researching rather than going on trick-or-treat." Payton replied with a smirk.

Brown Medical School was affiliated with the Brown Hospitals, one of the largest medical chains in the UK. So, it was supposed to be a school which aspired students with high ambitions in the field of Medicine to reach their ultimate goals.

It was really difficult to get admissions to Brown Medical School, unless your parents were rich tycoons in the Medical Field or you've got a straight scholarship in to it.