5. Coffee and tea

Sherlock and John were talking with each other while students were entering the classroom. Sherlock sat at his desk, legs atop it and John sat on his chair in the middle of the class, leaning forwards with his elbows touching the wooden desk, staring at Sherlock. His cheeks were flushed with excitement as Sherlock explained more about the work he did with the Scotland Yard. John thought it was amazing. Everyone who was already present in the classroom were following the conversation between the two.

The last person that arrived was Molly Hooper. When she entered the two girls from before were laughing, surely about the 'ask me out part'. She looked at Sherlock shyly, tugging at her sleeves and settled her down. Sherlock then clasped his hands together and stood up.

"Let's start with the basics, shall we?" Sherlock said and turned around and wrote something on the blackboard. And so he started teaching the basics about Dutch. While teaching, most of the time John and Sherlock's eyes were locked. John marveled at how long he managed to look at Sherlock without looking away. He never stared so long to a male before, girls yes. But males?

"Hi, do you have an extra pen? I can't seem to find mine." Sarah said softly leaning towards John. He turned at the voice and then nodded.

"Sure." He got out another pen and handed it to her. She reached for the pen.

"Thankyou." She smiled with flushed cheeks. John nodded and turned his head back to the teacher. After a couple minutes Sherlock asked the class a question.

"Do anyone might know what 'Ik ben ziek.' Means?" Sherlock asked. His eyes scanned the class, and he inwardly sighed at the distinct level of disinterest that he saw in the people their faces, not a single one of them moving to raise their hands. Why are they even here? They are here voluntarily... At least they should show interest and try. Sherlock thought. John was looking around the classroom and then he rose up his hand, even he doesn't know the answer.

"Yes, John." Sherlock said, pointing to him. John rubbed his head sheepishly and cleared his throat.

"Umm, see you later?" He guessed.

"No, but thank you for trying." Sherlock said, his voice low and soft and he then turned towards the blackboard and wrote the answer on it. After a couple minutes the first hour passed and Sherlock decided to give them a ten minute break. Sherlock stood up and walked towards the door. Before leaving he glanced back at the class and told them that he will go after a cup of coffee. Everyone nodded and Sherlock then looked over at John who was licking his upper lip. Unaware he did so. Sherlock saw it as a signal that he needed to bring John a cup of tea. He didn't give a fuck about the other students. Sherlock then looked away from John and left the classroom.

Five minutes later Sherlock returned with two cups in his hands. Nobody seemed to notice him walking inside, except John. Sherlock walked over to his desk and laid his coffee onto his desk. He then walked over to John. John his eyes widened as he saw Sherlock walking to him with a cup of tea in his hands. A sly blush appeared on his chubby cheeks. Sherlock cocked his eyebrows as he approached John.

"Here, John." He said as he handed the tea. John's mouth slightly dropped open and he stared at the cup for a couple seconds and he then looked up at Sherlock and accepted the tea.

"Thankyou." He thanked him fondly.

"Hey!" Someone said fiercely. Sherlock frowned and turned around. He threw her a look and she spoke up again.

"I'd love to have coffee as well." She said, crossing her arms. Sherlock looked at her with a dull expression and he then looked at his watch.

"You have four minutes left, coffee machine is next to the library." He pointed out with a smirk and walked back to his desk, giving John a smile before he did so. She scoffed.

"Why does Johan get one?"

"Because he's the only one paying attention here. Plus, he was drooling when I announced that I was going after coffee. And since I know, that he prefers tea. I brought him tea. And secondly, his name is John." Sherlock said firmly, and sat down on his chair. "Problem Miss Delaz?" Sherlock added cocking his left eyebrow. She rolled her eyes and grabbed her phone, not bothering to respond. John just sat there, feeling flattered that Sherlock thought about him. He then frowned at the thought that Sherlock said that he was drooling.

In the remaining minutes Sherlock grabbed a folder out of his drawer, and flicked through it and raised his eyebrows. He was looking into a case file that he sort of stole from Greg when the duo visited him. It was about a case that popped up the news every day. It's about children and that's the reason why Greg didn't ask him. Sherlock would have to interrogate children and everyone who knew Sherlock, knows that he can't handle kids. He would scold them, making them cry.

Sherlock took a sip from his coffee and tugged his phone out of his pocket and searched for Greg's name and he then clicked on the call button.

"Graham. – I want to talk with you about the case – Why not?! – That's ridiculous. – Give me Mycroft. – That is utterly disgusting –" Sherlock said in disgust. "Well, it's not mutual." Sherlock muttered and turned off the call. Greg still didn't want Sherlock in this case. Sherlock sat up more straight and removed the papers and put it into the drawer. He then cleared his throat and continued teaching.

It's five past eight. John looked at his watch and saw that the lesson should have been finished by now. But it isn't. How much he liked sitting there, he didn't want to miss the bus. Otherwise he had to wait two full hours for the next bus to arrive. John wasn't sure if he had enough money left for the cab so he reached down to the bag by his side and pulled it to his lap, rummaging through it. He finally found his wallet and checked if he had enough cash. And nope he didn't. He looked at his watch again. Five min left before the bus arrived.

Three minutes later Sherlock told the class that they can go home. John hopped of his chair and he hastily grabbed his stuff together and rushed away. He waved a goodbye at Sherlock and left. Sherlock opened his mouth to say something but John was already out of sight. Sherlock furrowed his eyebrows, packing up his things as well and swung his bag over his shoulder and slowly began leaving the school. When he left the school he saw John standing at the bus stop, running a hand through his hair. Obviously he was annoyed by something.

"Did you miss the bus?" Sherlock asked loudly as he was standing across the road. John jerked his head in Sherlock's direction. His eyes widened and then he spoke.

"Yes. That bastard saw me running and he just drove away." John informed with a sigh.

"Why don't you take the cab? Don't tell me you will wait two hours in the cold?" Sherlock said as he crossed the road, walking towards John. John scratched the back of his neck and cleared his throat.

"Yes, well it's not that cold." John replied, shrugging.

"You're joking."

"No." Sherlock gave him a look. "Okay, I don't ... have enough money with me." He admitted, feeling embarrassed that Sherlock is seeing him again without money. Sherlock then smiled fondly at him. John looked up and directly looked away, slightly blushing. Sherlock coughed and took three steps backwards and looked for any cab. By chance there was one driving into his direction and Sherlock then flung his arm in the air and the taxi stopped.

"Jump in." Sherlock insisted.

"What no I'm fine." John muttered. Sherlock rolled his eyes and chuckled, a low, rumbling sound.

"I won't kidnap you." He quipped. John chuckled slightly but didn't move. "Ah come on John. I don't want my students catch a cold." He smirked and opened the door from the cab. John snorted and shook his head. "You can pay me back with paying attention in the lesson. Seems like you are the only one though." He added. "Or with a coffee." He said. John cleared his throat and walked closer to Sherlock.

"Alright. I'll be your smart student and bring you a large coffee sometime." He said and climbed inside the cab. "But I will pay you back." He added, while Sherlock was staring at him with an amused smile on his face.