14. The phone call

Sherlock and John kept talking about several things. John was glad that Sherlock asked when he would move in. They decided that John after breakfast will go home and pack his stuff. He didn't have much, since Mary almost got everything after the break up.

John borrowed Sherlock's laptop for a couple minutes so he could send an email to his landlord. Afterwards John asked more about Sherlock's adventures with the pink underwear and what he did with it after he received it from Mycroft. Twenty minutes later, after they both finished eating, footsteps could be heard on the stairs.

"Ms. Hudson." He told John through bared teeth. And seconds later, it was indeed Ms. Hudson. 

"Hello boys." She said cheerfully, walking into the kitchen and put a bag with groceries on the counter. Both Sherlock and John greeted her simultaneously. Ms. Hudson put her hand in the bag, grabbing everything and put it away in the fridge and cabinets.
"I've bought Eucerin plus cream for you, dear. I finally found it." She said, putting it out of the bag and showed it to Sherlock. He nodded and muttered a thank you. "Now your feet will feel like baby feet again, like you wanted." She said fondly. John snorted what made Sherlock look at him with narrowed eyes. He then cleared his throat, straighten up.

"Ms. Hudson, is it okay if I use 221c, so I can storage the boxes that are standing in the room above, so John is able to walk inside." He asked her monotonously. She frowned.

"Why do you need another bedroom, can't you two just share it?" She asked wonderingly, her voice high pitched. John felt a blush tickle his features and cleared his throat.

"We aren't dating... I'm not even gay." John informed her, stuttering, blushing furiously. Sherlock's eyes flickered to John, he felt bitterly disappointed at John's words. He hoped that John was lying to avoid awkwardness. He then stood up and strolled straight to the bathroom.

"Going to take a shower." He said as he slammed the door behind him.

While Sherlock was showering, John told him he will go to his apartment, pack up his stuff. He then grabbed his jacket, slipping it on and headed for the door downstairs. When he was outside, he scanned the street, searching for a cab. By John's annoyance, there was no cab passing him. He growled and walked into the direction of his apartment, while looking around for a cab. Suddenly, John's phone rang and he then tugged the phone out of his pocket and answered it.

"Hello?" He said, to an unknown person.

"You're walking in Bakerstreet now, I am right?" A low dull voice asked. John frowned in confusion.

"Who's this? Who's speaking?" He asked, looking vaguely around. Grunting as a cab passed him.

"You were planning to go to your apartment, correct?"

"Who the hell are you?" He hissed.

"Get into the car, Doctor Watson." The stranger said as a black car pulled up at the kerbside near where John was standing. The male driver dressed with an expensive suit got out and opened the rear door, as in saying that John needed to get inside.
"I would make some sort of threat, but I'm sure your situation is quite clear to you." After that the phone goes dead. John put his phone back in his pocket and looked thoughtful at the car for a long moment. Then apparently decided that there's not much else he could do and stepped inside the black car.

A few moments later he was sitting in the back seat of the car as it pulled away and drove off. An attractive young woman was sitting beside him, her eyes fixed on her BlackBerry while she was typing on it. She was pretty much ignoring him. John decided to say something, breaking the silence.