6. John the spy.

When they both sat inside of the cab, John had given the cabbie the address. Sherlock smiled briefly at John, who grinned back at him and turned away, looking out of the window at the passing street life. Sherlock turned his head as well, his eyes fixated out of the window with an elbow resting on the door.

The night is quickly falling, a deep blue that spread over the sky, no sign of stars yet. John rested his head against the back of his seat, taking a long breath with a smile plastered on his face, hearing the engine hum softly. Sherlock's eyes slide to John, almost hesitant, but then a smile touched his face softly. He then looked out of the window again.

Both were deep in their thoughts, trying to find something useful to say. John was flicking out a pink tongue across his bottom lip thoughtfully. Then suddenly both turned their heads simultaneously, facing each other, their mouths were open, ready to speak.

"Oh" Both said, with a chuckle. Sherlock nodded as in showing to let John speak first. He planned to say something stupid anyway. 'Why do you always wear jumpers?'

"You were phoning someone during the break, was that about a case?" John asked curiously. Sherlock sneaked a smile at John's interest about cases. Nobody ever asked Sherlock more about a case, except Greg and his brother or some other police people.

"You were spying on me?" Sherlock asked playfully with a smirk. John opened his mouth but closed it again, slightly raising his head and narrowed his eyes. A blush appeared on his cheeks. "I'm kidding, John." Sherlock laughed as he saw John's uncomfortable stare. "And yes. But he won't let me look into the case." Sherlock added as he huffed.

"Who?" John asked

"My brothers pet." John frowned, not knowing what he meant with that. Sherlock sighed. "My brother's husband, or whatever people call it." He said as he waved his left hand dismissively. John's eyes widened. He cleared his throat.

"Your brother is gay?" John asked astonished.
Sherlock felt slightly offended by John's startled face. He hoped that John wasn't against gay people. He wasn't the dating type. And he never dated anyone before, except some experiments with drunk people. But if he had to choose between men and women. He would definitely choose men. He found women utterly disgusting. Not that Sherlock was interested in John. He just liked to talk with him, being with John. Just as friends. John was the only person who didn't call him freak or any other offensive word.
Sherlock sighed and looked at john sharply and then turned to look outside again while he spoke up.

"Do you have a problem with that?" He asked quietly.

"Of course not." John laughed softly as he looked over at Sherlock who was looking outside.
"There is nothing wrong with two homosexuals getting married if they love each other. I'm very happy for your brother that he found someone who cares for him and someone who is loyal to him." He paused. Sherlock turned to look at John and smiled softly. "It's not easy to find someone loyal these days." John mumbled with a shrug, talking about Mary. The cabbie looked briefly into the mirror, cocking an eyebrow and scoffed.

"Real love doesn't exist." The cabbie said firmly, looking into the mirror with frowned eyebrows. He then looked away as he had to turn the car, driving in John's street already. "Is this your street sir?" He added. John looked outside.

"Yes." He cleared his throat and turned to face Sherlock. "That was quite fast." He chuckled. Sherlock's face turned pale. He didn't want to finish this conversation yet. He inwardly sighed.

"Indeed." He mumbled.

"But why won't he let you in the case?" John asked.

"Children are involved. He's afraid that I will let them cry." Sherlock shrugged. John's face turned into an amused smile. The cabbie coughed.

"Sir." He said. John looked up and nodded.

"Thank you Sherlock. It was nice speaking to you and thank you again for the ride." He said smiling, opening the door.

"No problem." Sherlock returned the smile. John nodded and stepped out the cab. Sherlock then spoke up again, what made John turn around immediately. "Do not forget my coffee." He added, pointing a finger. Sherlock opened his mouth again but got interrupted by John.

"Two sugars, yes I know." John said quickly. Sherlock frowned and looked deep in John's eyes.

"How did you know that?" He asked in surprise.

"I observed."

"You really are a spy, aren't you?" Sherlock laughed with a smirk. John looked at him with a sly blush on his cheeks and looked up at the dark sky and shook his head, meeting Sherlock's eyes again.

"Yes, maybe I am, yes." He laughed. "Goodnight, Sherlock."

"Night, John." Sherlock replied with a soothing voice. John closed the cab door and walked to the entry of the apartment. He grabbed his key from his pocket and opened the front door, entering the hallway of the apartment. He walked into the elevator, pressed the floor number and watched the elevator button glow an orange color.

The door closed and John looked into the elevator mirror. He ruffled his hair and stared at himself. He watched him smile stupidly to himself, he then felt something buzzing in his jeans. He frowned. He didn't receive a text for weeks. Except from his family, or a stranger who must had enter the wrong number. John tugged his phone out of his jeans pocket and looked at the received text. It's from an unknown person.

My address is 221B Bakerstreet. For in case you want to bring my coffee earlier. I ran out of coffee –SH Sherlock lied. He did have coffee. He recently bought extra coffee, the liar.

John looked at his phone with disbelief. How did Sherlock get his number? That little bastard. John thought. He didn't mind though. The elevator's door opened and John walked out of it. He walked inside his apartment and threw his keys on the table and flopped down, looking at his phone again, replying.

How did you get my number? –JW

I have my methods. –SH

And then I am the spy here? –JW

Yes. –SH

John snorted and stood up, walking to his kettle, preparing tea. While he's waiting for the water to be boiled, he looked around and sighed. He really should start cleaning the place here.

Home yet? –JW

Just arrived. Doing anything useless? –SH

I might start cleaning the place, it's a total mess here. –JW

While waiting on an answer, John grabbed the cup of tea and walked over to his armchair. He will clean up after his night tea. Or tomorrow...

Have fun Mr. Watson. –SH

You're using my last name on purpose now. –JW

Jep. -SH

John smiled and took another sip of his tea, turning on the TV.

That's rude Mr. Holmes. –JW

I apologize, Watson. –SH

John felt Sherlock smirking through the phone. He looked up at the TV and saw that a new episode from Doctor who started. He grumbled and decided to clean up tomorrow after work.