{ 15 }

Adam's P.O.V.

There was another black car sitting in Jenna's driveway.

I didn't bother paying attention to whose it is or who might be in it. Instead, I walked around it to the back door; Jenna always kept it unlocked. But, for some reason, tonight it was locked.

I dropped my suitcase and ran my hands through my hair. What was I supposed to do now? I could find a hotel, I guess, but I really didn't want to be seen like this by a receptionist.

I supposed I could just sleep out here. Maybe Jenna would notice me in the morning and let me in. But there was a chance she hates me now, too, especially because she never wanted to break the bond of trust between two people.

Did Taylor and I even have trust in the first place? What about Jenna and I? I couldn't help but feel as though I've messed everything up. If I hadn't lied to Taylor in the first place, I wouldn't be with Jenna. If I hadn't lied to Jenna in the first place, I wouldn't be with Taylor.

But who did I really want? Taylor, who had a beautiful personality and persona? Who would always be there for me if I needed something?

Or Jenna, who only really wanted me because I was a Calvin Klein model? Who wouldn't be there for me if I needed something, but would always need me there for her?

In just that moment, I had come to a conclusion. I had been attracted to Taylor far longer than I had been attracted to Jenna. The attraction had started after I was with Taylor, after Ellie and I had set us up.

I thought back to the times when I told Taylor I would always be there for her, that I wasn't like her other boyfriends, that I was different than anyone she would date.

And yet, here I was, standing outside my "girlfriend's" house, possibly having another ex-girlfriend crying in her bedroom a few miles away. And it was my fault she's crying right now.

I didn't like the public eye, which is why I became a DJ. I didn't want everyone to know my real name, which is why I changed it.

Taylor knew these things. Jenna didn't. Ellie didn't. Rita didn't. In just the few months we were dating, I had told her things about me that others didn't even know, and I had known them for years.

What was I doing here? I had to get back to Taylor. I had to tell her how sorry I was. I had to tell her how, if she didn't want to take me back, she didn't have to, but at least we had one final talk before we disappeared from each other's lives for an undetermined period of time.

A new feeling deep within my body, I picked up my damp suitcase and began to walk to the front side of the house. I jumped when I saw another figure leaning up against the side of the house.

"Jenna?" I said quietly. No, it wasn't Jenna. The figure was much more muscular and bigger than Jenna. But... who else could it have been?

"Oh, your girlfriend?" the figure spoke in a mumble. It sounded like he had a slight English accent, but I couldn't be sure. As he shifted, I could see a small section of red hair using the light from the street lights.

"She's not my girlfriend," I answered defiantly, taking a step back as the man took a step forward. "What do you want from me? I could very well charge you with trespassing."

Suddenly, the man came into complete view, the light from the street lamps at the foot of the driveway illuminating his figure, creating a shadow of some sort. He looked like he was extracted from a movie, from a child's worst nightmare.

I squinted and took a half-step forward to make out the man's feature. I gasped and nearly doubled over when I saw who he was—Ed Sheeran.

Had Taylor sent him to come find me? Did she know I'd go back to Jenna's house?