trinajst

"You were jealous?" Marinette asked, not believing him.

Chat nodded. "I'm sorry,"

"Why?"

"Because he called you Princess. I'm the one calling you that," he said, crossing his arms on his chest.

"And... ?" Marinette knew that wasn't it.

"I-I was afraid," he admitted ashamed.

"Afraid of what?" Marinette put down a needle and walked over to him.

"Of losing you," he breathed.

She pulled him into a hug and started crying. He felt awful for making her cry, but it felt good to get it off his chest.

"You're not going to lose me, kitty cat. We're partners, remember?" she said, hugging him even tighter.

"I know," he hugged her back and burried his head into her hair.

She pulled away, just as much so she could stare in his eyes. She put a hand on his cheek. Without thinking she pulled him closer for a kiss.

He was suprised at first, but started kissing back. Her tears were rolling down her cheek, but none of them cared.

All of the emotions they held inside, they all poured into a kiss.

He pulled away slightly, just so they could see her eyes.

She wanted to lean in again, but he stopped her. "I want you to tell me what you want,"

She parted her mouth slightly. "I-I..-" she could find words.

"I need you to tell me, because I can't keep doing this if I don't know what I'm doing," he said. She just looked into his eyes. She had an answer.

It was on the tip of her tongue, but she couldn't get it out.

"Okay, I get it," he pulled away completely. "When you know what to say, find me," he jumped out of the trapdoor.

Marinette couldn't get anything out of her.

"I really messed up this time, didn't I?" she asked herself. Tikki flew up to her and sat on her shoulder.

"I'm usually the positive one and Plagg likes to give stupid comments, but this time I have no idea what to tell you, just that you screwed up," Tikki said.

"I wanted to tell him, Tikki. I just couldn't,"

"Why?"

She had no answer for that.

---------------------------------

Chat landed in a street and sighed. He slid down the wall.

"Please Plagg, claws in," he said with tears in his eyes. Like that his transformation weared off and he was as his normal self again. A smile - even after what happened - creapt on his face and he started laughing from happiness.

Plagg landed on his hand, exhausted and hungry.

"I am so sorry, Plagg!" he said, holding his kwami close to him.

"You better have three wheels of camembert for me, kid," he said, tired. He hid him in his inner pocket, where it was. Still normal stinky cheese like he was never transformed.

Plagg ate some of it.

"I'm sorry, Plagg, so so so sorry!" he said.

"Don't worry, Adrien. I'll be fine. It's not the first time," Plagg said.

"Adrien?" someone asked. Plagg quickly hid, when he saw a spotted heroine infront of him.

"Ladybug! What do I owe this pleasure?" he acted. He wanted to walk away, but he couldn't.

"I thought you were missing?" she asked him weirdly.

"A-About that ..." he was looking for some excuses. "I needed to get away. Away from my life a-and my friend helped me,"

"You were at your friend's house for the past week?" Ladybug asked. He nodded.

"She understood my situation," he shrugged.

"So it's a girl," she smirked.

"Please don't tell anyone," he said. They were in an alley so no one could see nor hear them.

"Fine. But it's my job to bring you home," she said, getting a weird look from Adrien. "I-I m-mean police asked me t-to look if I see you anywhere,"

Nice lie, Marinette. You're not fooling anyone.

"You can't go home like that," she showed on his outfit. Adrien looked at it. "What's wrong with it?"

"Too clean," she muttered.

"First take off your white shirt," he looked at her weirdly, but did as she said anyway. When she wasn't looking, Plagg hid in his back pocket of his jeans.

"Also," she ripped his black shirt at the front. Now he was freaked out. What was she doing?!

"And this,"

Before he knew a fist full of mud landed on him.

"What the hell?" he asked her.

"You were gone for a week and you're all cleaned up. Don't you think they'll notice?" Ladybug asked.

"Fair point," he stated.

"Now hold onto me and limp," she said. He rolled his eyes and did as he was told.

It wasn't long for police to find the two.

"Thank you for everything, Ladybug," Gabriel said, shaking her hand. Adrien was sitting on the edge of the hospital bed.

"I only brought him back," and make him look like a homeless person.

"Thank you anyway," she was relieved they found Adrien.

She understood his point of view, but why would he just go to someone without telling anyone? That sounded nothing like him.

--------------------------------------

Chat tapped on her trapdoor.

She opened it and Chat sighed as he looked at the girl infront of him. He leaned in and planted a soft kiss on her cheek.

"Thank you for everything, Marinette. I appriciate it, but I found a place to stay so I won't be a bother to you anymore," he lied. If he told her his transformation wore off, she would recognize him in the moment.

"You're not a bother, Chat," she said.

"I have a feeling like I am. See you around, Marinette,"

He didn't call her Princess. He didn't smile. He didn't make stupid cat puns.

Now she was the one stuck.

Stuck between emotions.

Stuck with no where to go.

Stuck alone with herself.

-----------------------------------

ONLY TWO CHAPTERS AND EPILOGUE LEFT TO GO!

WOAH IT'S ALREADY THE SECOND STORY I'M GONNA FINISH HERE!

I'm so happy that I made this far!

also plz check out my other story, because I'm not writing any other until that one is finished. (It's titled Going Rogue) 😹😹

Enjoy;)