♊19♌

Please excuse any mistakes, blah blah blah

♦♦♦

The Rookie Showcase had finally arrived, and Aiden couldn't have been more excited. She had put her heart and soul into her work and she hoped like hell that it would pay off. At the moment, she was sitting on an ottoman at a boutique that Malia had dragged her to. The Hispanic motor-mouth was examining rack after rack of dresses as she desperately tried to find a getup for the upcoming showcase.

Aiden watched in amusement as Malia shook her head at every dress she encountered. The blonde was so pleased with herself for going shopping beforehand; she couldn't imagine how stress she'd be if she were in Malia's shoes. After all, presentation of the artist was just as important as the presentation of the artist's work. Arriving to the showcase in anything other than a presentable fashion was out of the question.

"¡Al diablo con estos tamaños pequeños!" Malia exclaimed, throwing her hands in exasperation.

"What's the problem?"

"These dresses! They're either ugly or way too short." Malia confessed shaking her head. "There's no way I'll be able to find something by tomorrow. ¡Mierda!"

Aiden sighed before standing up and stretching her limbs. Though she'd never say it to Malia, Aiden was tired of being out and was ready to go home. She wanted to wish Malia luck and catch the bus to her place so bad, but she knew it would be terribly rude. Malia had become a good friend of her's and kept her company while Elvis took his precious time returning from Europe. Aiden was not one to betray friends, especially when she knew that if the roles were switched, Malia would do anything humanly possible to help her. She wished she could do the same for the Costa Rican, but all she had to offer was comforting words.

Reaching out, Aiden gave Malia a soft pat on the back. "I'm sure you'll find something."

Hopefully soon, Aiden added to herself. My feet are killing me.

"You wanna try JC Penny? They've got some nice stuff." Aiden asked, trying to lift her spirits, but Malia shook her head.

"That was one of the first places I looked in when I went shopping yesterday. They had nothing but prom and old lady dresses."

Aiden chuckled. "Why didn't you just get one of the prom dresses?"

"Oh, I thought about it! But they had small sizes too. Plus, I don't want to look too dressy. Ay, no. I wanna look casual, but not too casual, just-"

"Dressy casual?"

"¡Si! Dressy casual."

"Well, where else did you look? You try Burlington?"

"Yep."

"Dillard's?"

"Si."

"What about-"