♊02♌

◇ ◆ ◇

Aiden paced back and forth in the lobby, biting on her nails. She was anxious. She was so close to her dreams, she could practically taste them. Mr. Reid and his agency were her only hope.

Her legs soon began to get tired, so she sat down. She let her body sink into the cushioned seat as she began to wonder of Mr. Reid's personality. Was he kind? She had no idea.

Aiden is a big fan of Grotesque, its works and artists. No other agency as such could hold a candle to them and it was all thanks to Knox Reid. Even though Knox's success and net worth could be found easily in any search engine, his personal life, however, was a different matter. Aiden herself had tried digging up some information on him; things like where he lived, where he grew up, his past experiences, etc. But she couldn't find anything, not even a picture!

As she sat, she couldn't help but wonder: how old is he? What does he look like? How'd he get so successful? Aiden was just curious like that; it's the way her mind functions. She began to imagine Knox as a wise, middle-aged, Caucasian man with somewhat tired eyes and a full beard accompanied by specks of gray. She saw a man that owned an endless collection of suits.

Aiden hastily pulled out her sketch book and pencil, beginning to draw up her presumption of Knox. She drew him with an average sized head and broad shoulders. She drew the tired eyes, the somewhat gray beard, and a nose. His hair was shortly cropped to the scalp and his mouth was basically a thin line.

"Ms. Richter?" Aiden looked up from her sketchbook and locked eyes with the woman she saw earlier. "Mr. Reid will see you now." Nodding her head, she quickly stuffed the sketchbook into her shoulder bag and followed the lady as she led the way to Knox's office.

Aiden's eyes traveled up and down the assistant's body. The lady had some nice curves. Aiden thought her measurements would be great for a glass sculpture. She took the sketchbook back out and did a quick sketch of the woman's physique as she walked behind her. Just as she finished the sketch, the assistant, sensing Aiden's probing eyes, turned around and squinted at her. Aiden snapped the book closed and looked around, whistling as if she wasn't just staring at her ass.

The trip to the office wasn't a long one. Soon, Aiden was standing in front of a mahogany door that had a gold plaque on it with an inscription of Knox's surname. For a minute she just stood there, staring at the intimidating door. She was starting to second guess herself. Maybe Jenna was right; maybe she wasn't meant to be an artist. She had to admit, the things she drew were really wacky. And disturbing. And creepy. But they were still good... right?

"You gon' go in or...?" The assistant said, standing with her arms crossed over her chest. Her statement brought Aiden out of her small panic attack. Her attention turned to the brown-skinned girl. She didn't know why the hell she was still standing here. Aiden was suddenly irritated by her presence. She sneered at the young lady.

"Don't you have to, like, do paperwork or something?" She replied smartly. The assistant scoffed and rolled her eyes before turning on her heels and walking away. With the girl gone, Aiden took a little more time to calm her nerves. She was preparing for the worst. Oh, well, she thought. I've come this far, so there's no backing out now; no need to start acting like a little bitch!

With those words on her mind, she took a deep, shaky breath and knocked on the door.

"Come in!" Yelled a smoky, modulated voice. With quivering hands, she opened the door. There, seated behind a mahogany desk with a glass surface, sat a handsome, dusky, young man that looked to be no older than twenty-five. He was leaning back into his black leather office chair, his hands conjoined on top of the desk.