55

you were a little mad - she had taken you to a park, and told you that she was going to the bathroom. it was fifteen minutes after that moment, and she still hadn't returned.
she better not have gone and left me, you thought unhappily, looking out on the pond in the middle of the park. there was a group of people on the bridge going over it as you studied your surroundings, peering at the strange gathering. suddenly, they ran over to you, pulling you up, and dragging you over to the bridge with giggles and smiles.
    "what the hell-" you said, before stopping dead in your tracks. the group had pulled you up to the bridge, where she was standing, in a beautiful yellow sundress and a microphone in hand. by now, the whole park was watching, which made your face go red. what was she doing?
    "hi. about a year ago, I was a bad girl. I smoked, I had sex every night, and my life was hell. and the sad thing was, I was content. I was okay with that. at a party, I met a boy, who I thought would bring me down to hell, but I was addicted to him.
"then, at another party, I met a girl, who i didn't know existed. from that day forward, I began paying attention to her, and wondering what she thought of me. somehow, that developed into something some people might call a crush, but I don't think it was as petty as that. I ignored it for a while, and when I was pulled out of school for a while, I got over it. I began dating another guy who I worked with, and I felt passion, but I wasn't happy. I told him this after a few months, and he understood, saying that he had felt he same way. I don't know whether he knew what I was talking about, but I bid my former relationship goodbye, and focused on the one I truly wanted to be with - you," she said, looking straight in your eyes. you felt your heart speed up as some people snorted and frowned, but you didn't see them. all you saw was the gorgeous girl in front of you, and the one who had managed to make you fall in love with her.
"I actually can't believe how lucky I was that it was her who I fell for, and somehow, she fell for me back. she makes my heart race when her name pops up on my phone signaling a text or call. she lights up my day when she gets home. and a simple word out of her mouth makes me want to explode because of my uncontrollable feelings." she was shaking, just like you, but you were shaking because you knew what was coming, and you were about to cry so much that the ocean would be jealous.
     "I know we're young and stupid and it hasn't been a year, but dammit, I can't wait. I want you to be my wife. i love you, and I want the whole world to know. any other person might be ashamed to do this in public, but I'm not. I am not ashamed that I am in love with you, and I will never deny it, nor will I ever regret it. so that's why-" she said, pausing to look around, and taking a step towards you.
"in front," another step,
"of all these people," one more step, and their noses would be touching.
"I'm asking you to marry me." she dropped to her knee and popped open a simple box, to show a thin gold ring with a small pink jewel. you froze as she looked up at you with hopeful eyes, tears running down her face as you responded with the only way possible.