chapter one

Emma

Emma

Ah, first day back at Iridium High! New teachers, meaning new students, as well. I smiled as the Miami breeze ran through my hair. "Emma! Over here!" I recognized that voice and it belonged to -- Maddie Van Pelt. "Gosh, I've missed you so much! Why haven't, I've seen you around in Miami?"

I wasn't here during the entire summer, I actually went to visit my mom. Turns out, I have a young sister and brother and a step-dad, Jack. Yay, me. I couldn't wait to tell Maddie, she was one of my good friends, I pretty much vented out to her about the whole trip.

"Oh my gosh, Emma! I'm so sorry, we missed you so much though! But, I can't believe that happened! You don't have to tell us anything more, we're here for you!" Sophie and Katie exclaimed, bringing Maddie and I into a group hug.

"Thanks, guys. I wish, we could catch up now but I have to show this new guy around. I'll see you guys at lunch?" The Panthers nodded before giving me more another hug and led me to the office. "Make sure not to use anyway magic, Maddie! Remember what the council said last summer?"

"Remember when you froze all Miami? Ah, The Great Miami Time Stop." She teased, sticking her tongue out at me. "It was an accident!" I groaned, realizing they weren't ever going to let that go. "Mhm." Diego appeared and wrapped his around Maddie, making a faint blush appear on her cheeks.

"Happened over the summer?" I raised an eyebrow as Maddie nodded, "I'll tell you all about it at lunch! Love you, E!" Maddie waved as Katie and Sophie both smiled at me, "Good to have you back, E!" I smiled before saying, "Thank you, K and S!" Katie and Sophie smiled before scurrying off to catch up to Maddie.

I sighed before walking into the office to spot a hot Australian! He was standing up, looking around the office? I guess, he was waiting on me. I stepped forward but I noticed that he must have dropped the pencils in the cup. We both reached down to help, I smiled up at him once I felt his eyes on me before saying, "I'm Emma." He smirked before saying, "Nice to meet you, Emma. Emma's too long.."

"There's only 4 letters.."

"I'll just call you Em for short. Well, Em, my name's Jax. So, how about the tour?"

No, this year will be different. I won't think about the huge void Daniel left in my heart. I won't think about the heartache.

----

Hey, guys! I know, this chapter probably sucked. But, this is what I imagined for the first chapter. And, there is changes still yet to be developing. So, wait until the story reaches Chapter 4 or 5 to fully notice more characters being brought into the story!

Anyways, PLEASE share this book with your friends! I'm really trying to make this book special but I need YOUR help so share, vote, and comment please! Thank you! I love you so much, don't ever forget that! Xo, Amber💕